Experience NYC's Central Park in all it's beautiful entirety. Perfect for locals and visitors alike. Explore, locate and identify all the trees and locations of the park in unprecedented detail and artistry with crisp interactivity and location tracking.
- Instantly identify 20,000 Trees: Each of the 20,000 central park trees has been positioned and identified as one of 179 species. Co-author Ken Chaya has spent over 2 years carefully mapping out one of the world's richest, most majestic and diverse collection of trees. Just tap the map!
- Navigate: Scroll, swipe, pinch and zoom your way around central park with smooth, intuitive navigation. No waiting for incremental downloads or access to WiFi or the Internet... whether you are in the park or on a subway, the map is always available.
- Enjoy the Artwork: Depicts every tree, path, rock formation, body of water, building, bridge, archway, statue, monument, recreational area and playground in the most detailed illustrated map of Central Park available.
- Interact and Learn: Tap on over 300 individual park sites to access historical facts and practical information about them through illuminating, explanatory captions.
- Find Me: Once inside the park, quickly locate your position and direction. Location services need to be available and enabled.
- Find It: Search, locate and read about all major points of interest, bridges, statues, playgrounds, food stands, facilities and featured Great Trees with the "find it" option. When in the park and "Find Me" has been selected, the find-it list will show distance and be ordered by closest first. To read details on these points of interest, either tap them directly on the map or choose "Find It" on the bottom of your screen, and then tap the relevant “Show” button. The icons will then display on the map and it will be easy to locate and click on them for information. To hide them, tap on "Show" again".
Quick Tree ID for the Apple Watch: Quickly identify nearby tree species as you roam the park while keeping your phone in your pocket.
Ratings and Reviews
One of those best-kept beautiful secrets!!!
This app is genius! This will make even native New Yorkers fall more deeply in love with this park.
Some people may think that Central Park is like a sculpture, carved out of wild land, but it was totally designed, largely out of swampland, by Frederick Law Olmstead. Every rock, every path, every sculpture, every bridge, every lawn, every body of water, every tree and it's placement - all designed.
This map is completely true to the park as it stands today. The artwork is gorgeous and the app works perfectly. All aspects of this app are just as well designed as the park!
I love all the inside information about areas and sculptures but my favorite part about it is the "find me" button. You will never be lost!
I have a hard copy of the map hanging in my office – beautiful!
Great work. An obvious labor of love
I had been schlepping around the bed sheet version of this map for many months. How wonderfully welcome it is to have it on my iPhone. Only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is that it needs a filter. For instance, if I want to find the single example of Lea’s Oak, I should be able to easily do so by touching the key entry. I hope you are working on that. Otherwise, bravo!
This is app is fantastic. It shows you all the small paths to walk around the park. I love that it tells you about the different trees and flowers as well! Excellent for those who want to colored the park, off the tourist path.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.