The Hebrew word eth (את) means divine, and the Hebrew word cepher (ספר) means book, scroll, letter or writing. Hence, the את CEPHER is the “Divine Book”. This complete collection of sacred scripture restores much of what has been removed and/or incorrectly interpreted in the Bible for centuries!
• Sets forth a translation, rather than a substitution of the names of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• Transliterates over 3,100 other Hebrew names and places without substitution.
• Omitted in other translations, the את has been restored over 10,000 times.
• Includes all of the 74 previously canonized books, plus another 13 books considered to be inspired and/or historically significant such as Chanok (Enoch) & Yovheliym (Jubilees) from the Dead Sea Scrolls, as well as Yashar (Jasher), 2-4 Ezra (Esdras), 1-2 Baruk, and 1-4 Makkabiym (Maccabees) – all published in the chronological order of their writing.
• Corrects the errors (for the first time) in Shiyr HaShiriym (Song of Solomon), Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 14, Zakaryahu (Zechariah) 5, Mattithyahu (Matthew) 23, and corrects several other notorious errors found in virtually all previous English translations.
• Restores the 29th chapter of the Acts of the Apostles chronicling Paul’s journey to Spain.
The Cepher App allows you to easily search the scriptures by keyword, book, chapter or verse and is loaded with extra features, including:
• Note-taking capability with sorting.
• Highlighting available in seven different colors.
• A Lexicon of all the transliterated Hebrew words found in the את CEPHER.
• The Daily Hebrew Prayer.
• Links to our Weekly Torah Portion, Dr. Stephen Pidgeon’s blog, articles and other free downloads available our website.
One-time cost covers all future updates/ revisions to the text.
Updated text to Cepher 3rd edition
Added night mode capability
Allow the user to select up to 5 verses at a time
Ratings and Reviews
Great Resource, But...
I know a lot of work has gone into this project, but the price is WAY too steep for the app's functionality; I do plan on purchasing the hard copy as well. In the little while that I have used it, I have taken a fresh and rewarding approach to the word and it has been enjoyable. I have not been having problems the same as some of the other reviewers, such as text not showing up (I'm using an iPad 2) but I have recognized that when I input a search, after tapping a result and coming back to the search tab, the results have reset, which makes it a cumbersome task to research. Explanation of the other updated words (apart from the underlined names) we are not used to seeing in the traditional translations would be very helpful. Overall, I love the direction of the project and look forward to future updates. I would gladly submit an updated review thereafter.
Brian, we are planning on adding functionality. The big one is audio. When we add this, could change your rating to 5 stars? We will add to the functionality of the Lexicon as well when time permits. We are a very small company.
App no longer producing text and not accessible
I have been using the app for almost a year, I use Voice Over with the iPhone to read text; the app no longer produces text after selecting a book and chapter; I also sent a email to your company via the contact link on their web site, this is a expensive app, great when it worked! iPhone X *Update: this app still does not let anyone who uses voice over with the iPhone X or the updated iOS to use the app or listen to/read any of the content with in this app. It would be great if you guys actually read the comment section here, this app should be universally accessible to anyone whether they have a disability or not, please, learn what accessibility means and implemented for everyone, we really appreciate it… This is godly…
This is probably due to the changes in the IPhone X. Have you tried to upgrade the IOS.
Such a fantastic app!
I’m thrilled just to have access to the Cepher on the go! Love the landscape mode and the night mode! And the ability to highlight more than one verse is great. The only thing that would make it more amazing would be audio and be able to sync your bookmarks and notes across the iCloud on your devices so I can pick up on my iPhone where I left off on my iPad Pro. As of now this app doesn’t even show up on my iPad Pro under Settings with the rest of the apps. And possibly an app for the Mac somewhere down the road?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.