Cesium Music Player
By Mike Clay
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take control of your music with intuitive controls, customizable interface and beautiful design.
“...the design is tastefully done and finding your way around your music is a breeze...One of the best options for playing local music.” – David Nield, Gizmodo
“Fortunately, Cesium is here…If you want the old Music app back with a few improvements thrown in, look no further than Cesium.” – Christina Warren, Mashable
"[...going] back to local music with @CesiumApp and I have never been happier." – Nilay Patel, The Verge (Editor-in-Chief)
• Swipe left to add to queue, swipe right to play or shuffle.
• Sort playlists by artist, album and more!
• Edit, reorder or shuffle your Queue at any time!
• Use Classical Mode to sort select genres by composer.
• Local star ratings (plus Today Widget)
• Easily access compilations while keeping your Artist and Composers list uncluttered.
• Resume Queue
• Customizable Tabs
• Night Mode
• Custom Themes
• Landscape Mode
• Gesture Controls
• No ads or locked features
• Get development updates, feature guides, news and more at cesium-app.com/signup!
NOTE: Cesium requires Music.app to be installed.
What's New in Version 3.9.4
Finally! Version 3.9.4 is here, and brings with it optimizations for iOS 11 playback:
• Gapless playback has been restored.
• Playback interruptions have been eliminated and minimized wherever possible. They aren't totally gone, but whether or not you encounter them will depend on your listening habits. For a detailed explanation, visit cesium-app.com/blog/ios11playback
• New caching method for Resume Queue should be more reliable, with fewer false positives and changing the track for unaltered queues.
• New accommodations for queue restoration latency prevents new queues being restored over, queue changes not being tracks and displaying incorrect track info.
As always, user reviews make a huge difference in the App Store, so if you are enjoying Cesium, please consider leaving one. And if you haven't joined the mailing list yet, please do! Sign up at cesium-app.com/signup. The first giveaway will be very soon!
I love this app!
After iOS 10 dropped, I found myself hating the new music app. I searched online for solutions to make it better, but I actually came across Cesium in the process. I downloaded it and I've been happy ever since! The only thing I'm wishing for is the ability to delete the music app in the future. But this is on Apple and not this developer. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience and I would recommend this app to anyone! :) (Fall, 2016)
Edit: This developer is amazing! I previously left a review indicating battery issues and slow launch times. This prompt update improved upon both issues. Thank you so much. (Spring, 2017)
2nd Edit: Even though I’ve experienced a few pauses while switching through apps, I do not believe this app is responsible for it. I believe iOS 11 is the culprit. As much has been said before too. After having had this app for a year, I’d still recommend this app in a heartbeat. This developer works very hard to make great apps and I hope he gets more appreciation in the future. :)
GUI like the old iOS Music app
Cesium is a near-perfect app. The user interface closely resembles the old iOS Music app before Apple changed it, with one important and positive difference: When you close (not minimize) Cesium, your music continues to play. This allows you to close Cesium and switch to another music player app without interrupting music playback.
Some of the other music player apps which are available today pause the music when you close (not minimize) the app. When you open another music player app, you can continue the song at the point where it was paused.
The iOS Music app (the built-in app) fades out and *stops* the song when you close (not minimize) the app. Now there is “No song playing” so when you open another music player app you *cannot* continue playing the song at the point where is was stopped. This makes the iOS Music app (the built-in app) not my favorite thing.
Do not uninstall the iOS Music app (the built-in app) because Cesium requires it to be present on your device.
My God... My God... Thank you, and Apple should thank you to because I was about to finally bail on the iPhone and begin the arduous process of moving my entire music collection over to a droid or something. iTunes is really that bad. I just got the app and I see constructive criticism here, so I won't say it is perfect (yet), but I can tell you that I am extremely relieved that you brought back the degree of music functionality that you already have. This is amazing, I have my music back, thank you again!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 03, 2017
- Version: 3.9.4
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Mike Clay
- © 2014-2017 Michael Clay
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unbelievable Tip$4.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Generous Tip$0.99