Chairside Instructor - the best-selling dental case guide from the American Dental Association – is now available as an app for iPhone and iPad!
With over 250 full-color dental images and 25 animations, the ADA Chairside Instructor App is your all-in-one resource for visual patient education.
Content covers a wide range of prevention and treatment topics, including hygiene; anatomy; x-rays; periodontal disease; decay; crown, bridge, dentures, root canal, and other restorations; orthodontics; cosmetic treatment; TMJ; pathologies; and now cracked tooth and bruxism. Ideal for patient education or as a teaching tool for dental assistants.
Eight categories include Oral Anatomy, Prevention and Diagnosis, Gum Disease, Caries and Restorations, Tooth Replacement, Orthodontics, Cosmetic Options, and Other Oral Conditions.
New expanded content now includes these topics: Effects of sugar on oral health; steps of filling a cavity; tooth erosion; gum recession; peri-implantitis; and tobacco use.
- Plus, these award-winning features:
- 51 new/revised full-color images
- Show 25 silent animations on your device.
- Draw on pictures and email them to patients.
- Access pictures across multiple devices from iCloud.
- Upload photos from your own Camera Roll
- Includes both English and Spanish text
- WiFi printing
- Add frequently viewed topics to your Favorites list for quick access or create your own
- Use in both portrait and landscape orientation for both iPhone and iPad
- Download on up to 6 devices for your dental team to use
For access to full content, order from adacatalog.org, then complete your download on the App Store and log in with your ADA credentials.
- Optimized for iPhone X
- Fixed minor bug issues
Ratings and Reviews
Is this app Free?????
Great patient education app!
So glad to have the Chairside Instructor on my iPad now! All the pictures from the ADA brochures are in the app-- perio, childhood caries, endo, restorations, cosmetic, you name it. I can show a patient examples, draw on them and email them all from the app. Super useful.
To use the app...
You need to have an ADA number to log on to the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.