Chamberlain’s myQ-enabled products and myQ app allow you to easily open, close or check the status of your garage door or myQ home lighting from anywhere with your smartphone or tablet.
- Set up real-time alerts that notify you when there’s activity with your doors or myQ lights
- Check the status and control your doors or myQ lights from anywhere
- Set schedules to close your garage doors or to have your lights turn on/off*
For myQ smartphone control you need one of the following products:
- A Chamberlain Wi-Fi garage door opener
- A myQ accessory to upgrade a non-Wi-Fi garage door opener
To purchase a myQ accessory for smartphone control, visit https://www.chamberlain.com/myq
Chamberlain - giving you the power of access and knowledge.
*Feature may not be available with the myQ Garage accessory.
We do our best to regularly make the app better for you. This update contains bug fixes. Download all of our updates for the latest features and improvements.
Thank you for using myQ!
myQ Tip: Did you know you can change how you view your devices on the home screen? Tap the view changer icon at the top!
Ratings and Reviews
When working, it's great
My only hesitation with this device came last November when the bridge acted strange and wouldn't let me log in. I reset the bridge several times and the light kept blinking. The app kept telling me there was an error. That happened on two separate occasions and persisted for about a week both times. Prior to that there were no problems. Since the second time, there have not been issues either, but that shook my confidence a bit. If not for that, it is a great app in that it tells you the current status of the garage door, and how long it's been down. There's not much more that someone would need. A running log of opening and closing would probably be the ultimate upgrade they could provide. Beyond that, there isn't anything I can think of that they could do with the system as it stands. For me, it's convenient to open my door when I'm on a walk and a few houses down, but I've yet to need to open it remotely from a distance. After the glitch I had, I'm hesitant to open it without knowing for sure I can close it. But it is really nice to check remotely to see if family members made it home for the night. It's also great to make sure the door is down without getting out of bed. If you are someone who gets halfway to your destination and forgets whether you shut the door, you can just hop on the app and check.
Clear as mud UPDATED
Chamberlain makes understanding the differences in compatibility and capabilities of their devices as clear as mud. The app is just as disappointing. Okay, you can link with IFTTT, and use geofencing...to close, but not to open the door? There isn't even an option to create your own applet to do so...why? I can turn on lights, lock or unlock other doors, etc using similar functionality...but not with Chamberlain. Direct integration with HomeKit? Nope...unless you research through the different products to discover the magical combination...which is severely over priced. Between the app being clunky and the hardware being ambiguous, I'm definitely underwhelmed.
After a week, even more frustration. When using IFTTT with this app, there are errors if you manually close the door with geofencing enabled...as in the close command opens the door AFTER you've closed it while driving away. Then, this app displays an error, and you literally can't close the door from the app until you manually open and close your door. Errors like this, plus a paid subscription link, mean things should work so much better. I canceled the subscription, and will likely return the entire Chamberlain unit. The lack of functionality doesn't justify a $79 item...especially when it causes my garage door to be stuck open for hours while I'm away from home!
Terrible app and product
I have had this product and app for over a year. During that time I have experienced many glitches. The product and app are pieces of junk and I would not recommend anyone purchase them. The issues that I described below have existed since I owned the product, so clearly no one is assigned to fixing these problems, because they persist month over month.
1. Garage door opening on its own. When you live in Minnesota and your garage door opens on its own and you don't know this can create huge problems. Wildlife getting in the garage because we live in a rural area, or pipes freezing in the winter.
2. Garage door registering up on the app when it's really down and vice versa. This is a huge issue. If you're not home and you cannot tell whether the door is up or down this defeats the entire purpose of owning this product.
3. The app has a function where you can create rules to close the door automatically. For example, you can create a rule to close the door at 6 PM every day. Every rule I try to create you'll get the same error message: "Save schedule failed. The schedule cannot be saved at this time. Please check your Internet connection and try again." The issue is with the app. No rules will save and all you rules yield the same error message. This has nothing to do with my Internet connection.
- The Chamberlain Group, Inc.
- 231.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 The Chamberlain Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.