The Chambers Thesaurus is the perfect reference for writers and word game enthusiasts, while all lovers of language will find it a pleasure to browse through. There are nearly 40 000 distinct indexed words, and a total of about 400 000 synonyms and antonyms.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search
- Cross-reference to offline and online dictionaries
There are also standard bookmark, recent word and random word features. No Internet connection is required.
If our Oxford and/or WordWeb Pro dictionary apps are also installed, the references can all be quickly accessed from separate tabs in the app.
Minor update for compatibility with audio dictionary apps
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work. Don’t buy it.
Very Useful and Thoughtful Design
- love how synonyms and antonyms are given in one place.
- love how you dont have to leave your working application (MSWORD) to look up the word. Once you hit command c, Chambers automatically looks up the word for me. its a great time saving feature!
One thing I hope to see in the future thought:
I Really Like it.
It does what it needs to and it does it very well. Launches fast and has a very simple interface. When I need to find a replacement for a word - BOOM - I have many choices. Great application.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.