ChangeReaction — Draconis Entertainment's classic audio puzzle game for the blind and visually impaired
Primarily intended for blind and visually impaired gamers, ChangeReaction is played via the keyboard and your ears. Navigate the game board with the arrow keys, dropping coins on the stacks to create chains of explosions and rack up higher and higher scores! Match three coins of the same denomination vertically or horizontally to trigger a chain reaction that blows up all adjacent coins of the same value!
This game has no visual elements. Use your fingers, ears, and wits to rack up the highest scores possible!
• Choose from three distinctly different variations of game play.
• All modes support three difficulty levels.
• In ChangeReaction Classic, clear the board of all coins before time runs out!
• In LooseChange, clearing the board just got a whole lot more difficult! Bombs explode on coin stacks and scatter their contents across the board for added challenge!
• In PayDay, try to keep the board from being cleared against all odds, and rack up overtime by clearing positions on the board which represent the hours of the work week.
• Bonus rounds provide a chance to rack up even higher scores!
• ChangeReaction 2.0 has been rewritten from the ground up using the next-generation Draconis game engine.
• Exciting new sounds and music.
• Audio hints to help newcomers navigate the game menus with their ears.
• In app instructions and keyboard reference.
• Resolved an issue where TTS speech was interrupted under some circumstances
• Stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
What a game!
Let's not keep in mind for now this is one of the vary first audio games made natively for the Mac system, and let's also not focus on this being the first audio action game for the system as well.
It's a really nice game, from the polished soundscape, to the sometimes humorous dialogue present in the game. It's also really responsive, even on my older hardware. I found myself playing this game for 6 hours nonstop, something that hasn't happened in years.
If you're into audio games at all, I strongly recommend you give this one a run. Thumbs up, and keep up the great work!
A Fun and Accessible Game
This game is both addictive and completely accessible to the blind. I find it entertaining and fast-paced, and the different game modes provide unique challenges. The documentation is quite well-done, and the sound effects first rate. Playing is quite easy, with intuitive keyboard controls, though mastering the game of course takes quite a bit of skill. Over all, I have nothing but praise for the developers, and hope very much for more products in future.
Very good job on the game!
I never give a 5 rating for any product as I don't believe in them as there is always something to work on. This game i the exception and I can with time see it getting better. Come on folks download this game and even if you are sited you will enjoy it. It will teach anyone some very good hand ear coordination.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.