Cut the cord without missing your shows. You don't have to lose your DVR just because you canceled your cable.
Channels DVR lets you watch live and recorded TV on any TV or device in your home, or even away from home! It's the cord cutting tool that your family has been looking for.
Learn more about Channels DVR and how it works at http://getchannels.com/dvr.
-- Record Your Shows --
• Record in one place, watch on every TV & iOS device.
• Pause in one room and resume in another. Or on your iPhone or iPad.
• Pick your favorite shows or teams, and choose to record all or just their new airings.
• Browse or search through 21 days worth of guide data that updates daily.
• Schedule a recording from your phone while you're away from home.
• Watch your favorite shows or teams while you're away from home. Live or recorded.
• Watch your shows while they're currently recording. Don't wait for them to finish.
• Recordings get their commercials indexed, so you can skip them with a click of a button.
-- Watch Live TV --
• Pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV.
• Support for full 5.1 surround sound.
• Channels start in less than 1 second.
• Full support for closed captioning and alternate audio tracks.
• Mark channels as favorites. Browse them for quicker access to your favorite networks.
• Full support for VoiceOver. Browse and watch TV with ease.
NOTE: Channels DVR requires the Channels DVR server installed and running on your home computer or NAS to stream to your devices. Learn more at https://getchannels.com/dvr/requirements
-- People Love Channels DVR --
"Apple TV just became the best box for streaming live broadcast TV" — Macworld
"Apple TV already has at least one 'killer app'. The new third-party Apple TV app, Channels." — MacDailyNews
"I can tell you it’s buttery smooth" — Zatz Not Funny!
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on twitter @getchannels or via email email@example.com
- IMPROVED: [DVR] Double-click to skip commercial will seek to the end of the commercial more accurately.
- FIXED: Some channels in Finland would not play correctly.
- FIXED: Some channels in Finland and Italy would play english audio instead of native language.
- FIXED: [DVR] Search would not work when using quotes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great all round
Love this app. Just simple enough and it works. Great support as well.
The concept is so beautiful...
it makes so much sense.
Why though,,, after three trips to Palm Springs
From Los Angeles. A mere 1.5 hour drive.
Can I not, despite my most prepared efforts ....
Watch tv from my vacation home?
It should be easier
The only way to watch “TV”
The. Holy grail of TV and apps; AppleTV/IOS with “Channels DVR”. Watch and record local TV and playback anywhere. I watch all my TV time shifted and enjoy skipping commercials on my phone or iPad or AppleTV. Using an old PC gives me what I need and keeps electronics out of the landfill for a few more years.
- Fancy Bits, LLC
- 64.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Fancy Bits, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.