Live TV, anywhere in your home. Channels lets you watch, pause, and rewind local or cable TV directly on your iPhone or iPad.
Learn more about Channels at http://getchannels.com.
Channels requires an HDHomeRun networked TV tuner to watch live TV on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Learn more about how this works below.
• Pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV
• Guide Data
• Full HD streaming (bandwidth permitting)
• 5.1 Surround Sound
• Closed captioning
• Full support for VoiceOver
• Channel favoriting
• Jump back to last channel
• Auto Discovery
• Browse what's on other channels while watching TV
• Manage your HDHomeRun devices from Channels
"If you’re a cord cutter, then Channels coupled with an HDHomeRun and antenna is one of the best purchases you can make." — 9to5mac
"If live television has been a missing or irritating-to-use piece for your viewing pleasure, Channels plus a networked tuner pulls it neatly into your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad." — Macworld
Channels requires modern iOS devices and 802.11AC wireless for HD streaming. But as usual, your milage may vary.
Supported devices: All iOS devices with an A7 chip and up.
Note: Channels does not support Picture in Picture mode on the iPad or AirPlay on any device due to the video format provided by the HDHomeRun tuners. This is an iOS limitation.
-- Why Use Channels? --
Channels is the missing piece of your puzzle. If you already watch everything through streaming apps, Channels lets you finally watch sports, award shows, local news, and other live events on your same device.
• Watch live primetime TV, local news, and sports on your Apple TV.
• Netflix, Hulu, Movies, Games, AirPlay, and now live TV on the same device.
• Already using antenna for live TV? Channels lets you use one antenna to watch TV on all the devices in your home.
• Want sports on your porch? News in the kitchen? Channels lets you watch these anywhere in the home. Let your TV watching follow you around the house.
-- How Does It Work? --
An HDHomeRun is a simple TV tuner that can broadcast television over your home network. Channels streams that video directly to your device.
1. Plug an HD antenna or your cable into your HDHomeRun.
2. Plug your HDHomeRun into your router.
3. Watch live TV via the Channels app.
-- How Do You Use It? --
Here's some protips on how to get the most out of Channels.
• Pick your favorite channels by selecting your HDHomeRun device in the Settings tab and tapping on a channel.
• See quickly what’s currently on your favorite channels with the On Now tab.
• Tap on a channel to view more info about it (or just 3D Touch it).
• Live TV buffer works for ~90 mins or less depending on how much storage is available on your device.
• Skip ahead 30s by swiping right. Skip back 7s by swiping left.
• Double-tap with 2 fingers to switch to the previous channel.
• Swipe up/down on the Quick Guide to see what else is on your favorite channels. Tap it to change to that channel.
-- HDHomeRun Device Support --
All HDHomeRun devices are supported by Channels.
• HDHomeRun PRIME
• HDHomeRun EXTEND
• HDHomeRun EXPAND
• HDHomeRun CONNECT
• HDHomeRun DUAL
• HDHomeRun ORIGINAL (blue and white tuners)
Learn more about HDHomeRun tuners on silicondust.com. Simply plug a compatible tuner into your home network router and start watching Live TV with Channels today!
• DRM protected streams are *not* currently supported.
• Channels does *not* work outside of your home. It only works when connected to the same network as your HDHomeRun Device
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on twitter @getchannels or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can talk about everything Channels on our community site at: https://community.getchannels.com.
NEW - Customize the channels shown in the in-player Quick Guide
IMPROVED - some bug fixes with the video player
IMPROVED - Remote DVR streams will include surround sound at bitrates higher than 6mbps
Ratings and Reviews
With two HD Home Runs and Channels I’m getting more than ever out of my Verizon subscription. I have the equivalent of four set top boxes plus access on all of our phones and iPads for a fraction of the cost of what it would be through Verizon. The lack of DRM support is worth noting, but it only effects Fox Channels and the Big Ten Network for me and there are dedicated apps that can supply those as well. No hesitations and no going back for me.
closed caption can be confusing
I bought the iOS and Apple TV versions and it works great but I am disappointed in the closed captioning. Initially I thought it was supported when muted only. My wife being deaf needs CC and I being hearing enjoy the audio. I finally figured out swipe down and then right to switch sap or CC. It would be nice to make this a more prominent feature or add an always on setting. Or simply follow the defaults on the device itself.
Works great on IOS 11 on iPad Pro 9.7. I use it when I’m out of my home via OpenVPN back to my home network. I’m amazed on how well it works when away from home. My home internet is 75Mbps down and 10Mbps up. I use low deinterlace when off network and it still gives me good quality. Guide works well too. Just great. Better than InstaTV in my opinion.
- Fancy Bits, LLC
- 64.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Fancy Bits, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.