Right! It's FREE! FOREVER!
ChaoTimer is a professional cube timer for speedcubers with neat design. Without any buttons in the timer tab, ChaoTimer supports different gestures to delete last solve, reset sessions, change scramble types, etc. It supports all kinds of WCA scrambles.
- Scramblers for All WCA official puzzles and some unofficial puzzles.
- Random state scrambles for 3x3x3, 2x2x2, Pyraminx and SQ1.
- Stats calculation. Shows session average, session mean, average of 5/12/100, best time and worst time.
- The perfect session management experience, remember all your solves.
- 7 themes, the most beautiful cube timer ever!
- Neat design. Support different gestures.
- WCA inspection.
- Add penalty for current solve.
- Delete any solve you don't want.
- Copy any scramble to pasteboard.
- Post your stats to social media, share with your friends!
- Fast timing from your notification center with the widget. (Only Support iOS 8)
- Copy your results to pasteboard, and you can paste it to anywhere, easy for weekly competition.
More features are coming soon!
Minor bug fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but needs some changes.
I’ve used this timer for almost a year, it’s by far the best free one out there. I like how it has scramble types for all of the WCA events and how I can create sessions for each one of them. However, there are some downsides to using this app. There have been a few glitches that are incredibly annoying and frustrating. First, if I am using the timer itself and I end my solve, it will occasionally give you a plus two for no reason (I would say it happens 3-4 times every Ao100). Another glitch is if I don’t want to deal with plus twos, and I use an actual speed stack timer, I will input my timer and the app will just crash. All in all, this a really good app, but it seems as though these glitches will continue to remain a problem due to the fact that there has not been an update in over three years.
Best Cubing Timer!
This is the best timer for cubing that I've ever seen with the exception of gqTimer. With many different cube and scramble type options, this can be used with almost any WCA twist puzzle. It also has a nice knock-to-stop option that allows you to hit the table to stop the timer so you won't accidentaly break your device.
I have one request, however. When the timer starts, I would like for the scramble algorithms to be hidden. I would also like for it to have the option for it to give an orientation after the scramble. Other than that, this is perfect! This definitely deserves 5 stars, and is the only cube timer you need to download.
So this is my go to timer. It's nearly perfect but I do wish there would be standard deviation and the ability to export your times. At least so when I get a new phone I don't lose everything and possibly be able to graph out times on a spreadsheet.
The real issue is there is a bug that sometimes comes up. Not a small one like where it gives a +2 automatically and I need to change it but where randomly every hundred solves or so the timer just doesn't stop. You hit the timer and the numbers turn red but don't stop. I need to reset the whole timer and then delete the solve which counts as a DNF. It has ruined some averages for me and some good solves.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.