ChaoTimer · Professional Cube Timer
By Jichao Li
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Right! It's FREE! FOREVER!
ChaoTimer is a professional cube timer for speedcubers with neat design. Without any buttons in the timer tab, ChaoTimer supports different gestures to delete last solve, reset sessions, change scramble types, etc. It supports all kinds of WCA scrambles.
- Scramblers for All WCA official puzzles and some unofficial puzzles.
- Random state scrambles for 3x3x3, 2x2x2, Pyraminx and SQ1.
- Stats calculation. Shows session average, session mean, average of 5/12/100, best time and worst time.
- The perfect session management experience, remember all your solves.
- 7 themes, the most beautiful cube timer ever!
- Neat design. Support different gestures.
- WCA inspection.
- Add penalty for current solve.
- Delete any solve you don't want.
- Copy any scramble to pasteboard.
- Post your stats to social media, share with your friends!
- Fast timing from your notification center with the widget. (Only Support iOS 8)
- Copy your results to pasteboard, and you can paste it to anywhere, easy for weekly competition.
More features are coming soon!
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Minor bug fixed.
Let me start out by saying that I love this app. However, that does not mean it can't be improved. Some things I have noticed are the "pll only" scrambles for the 3x3 will almost always result in a Ga permutation so it would be nice if this could be varied a little bit. The next thing I've seen is all of the recorded times are averaged together regardless of which puzzle is being used (so times for the 2x2 AND the 3x3 could appear in the average of 5 section) and it would be nice if separate sections could be added to avoid this. The last problem I have experienced is the scramble that was just completed will disappear as soon as the timer is stopped so it is impossible to recreate past solves unless it was a personal best. To fix this I think a recent scrambles section could be inserted. Other than this it is a wonderful app!
Best Cubing Timer!
This is the best timer for cubing that I've ever seen with the exception of gqTimer. With many different cube and scramble type options, this can be used with almost any WCA twist puzzle. It also has a nice knock-to-stop option that allows you to hit the table to stop the timer so you won't accidentaly break your device.
I have one request, however. When the timer starts, I would like for the scramble algorithms to be hidden. I would also like for it to have the option for it to give an orientation after the scramble. Other than that, this is perfect! This definitely deserves 5 stars, and is the only cube timer you need to download.
So here's the deal: great timer. Fully functional, multitudes of options and puzzle functionalities, and even a "Knock to Stop" option! Quite genius. The only problem I have with this app is that my solve times for different puzzles are all jumbled into one average; sure, the individual times say which puzzle it was, but my averages aren't completely honest. What I'm experiencing is that my average is going down because my 2x2 solves are getting mixed in with my 3x3 solves, so I'm not entirely sure what my 3x3 or 2x2 averages are, as they're mixed. That's my only annoyance, and I'd really appreciate it if the developers would fix this. That's about all I've got to say, but otherwise, great app timer.