By AFK Creative
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Character Folio is an easy-to-use program for anyone that wants to capture information about a character they’re creating. Whether you’re a novelist, a screenwriter, a game designer, or even a writer of comic books, Character Folio allows you to store a wealth of information about your characters in one easy-to-manage location.
From blood-type to biography, special abilities to biggest secret, Character Folio gives you a simple, organised, tabbed structure to keep track of all your character's details.
- Store multiple characters per folio - have a folio for each of your projects.
- A tabbed folder of information for each character, providing easy access to all their data.
- Six main information sections: Vitals, Personality, Health, Beliefs, Biography, and Notes.
- Store information about multiple special abilities.
- Family and social relationships including loved ones, friends, enemies, and social groups.
- 'Scrap Notes', for any additional information and fields specific to your story or project.
- Eight reports detailing all the data captured about your character, including print and PDF options.
- Image Library, store multiple images against each character.
Character Folio is designed to get you thinking about your character. It isn’t designed to hold every last drop of information about them, as that would be impossible, but hopefully it gives you a start on designing rounded and believable people to populate your stories. Character Folio also doesn’t adhere to any particular character creation methodology; you’re free to store as much or as little information as you like.
Note that Character Folio is not an automated character creation tool - any details for characters are thought up by you, the author.
What's New in Version 1.1
- A brand new look and feel for the app's third anniversary.
- A new app icon to match the new look.
- Retina support, with updated icons throughout the app.
- The main app screen content has been slightly resized to better use space.
- Tables have been given some added style.
- Reports can now be exported to rich text format (RTF).
- A new option allows you to easily save a copy of the user guide.