By ChargePoint, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ChargePoint is the world’s largest electric vehicle charging network. With the ChargePoint App, EV drivers can navigate, access and charge at ANY electric vehicle charging station. For electric vehicle drivers, using ChargePoint is the easiest, most convenient way to charge your EV. ChargePoint gives Drivers access to thousands of public charging stations, an updated ‘list view’ to see exactly how far you are from your destination, convenient payment options, 24x7 driver support and valuable driver services.
Use your ChargePoint App to:
• Find charging stations near you or near any specified address.
• Get turn-by-turn directions to charging stations.
• See the real-time availability of charging stations: Available or In Use.
• Start and stop charging sessions directly from your smart phone. (*)
• Get directions from your current location to where your vehicle is charging. (*)
• Get status on your current or most recent charging session: energy used, greenhouse gas savings, time. (*)
• Receive real-time notifications of your current charging session. (*)
(*) Some features require a ChargePoint driver account with an activated ChargePoint card. To create an account, purchase a ChargePoint card or activate a ChargePoint card, can be done on the App itself.
What's New in Version 4.0.9
Fixed the automatic login bug.
Handy and Easy to Use
The app presents clear info for Charge Point stations that make it easy to know if one is available. I would like info as to how long an occupied station has been in use to I know how long I might wait. It would be cool to be able to ask or note via the app to ask someone if you can unplug their car (or "get off the plug already!"). Charge Point seems easiest to use of the charging stations (Blink, Watt Station).
Needs notifications, better filters
The app works well and has good information. Just want two things:
1. Allow me to filter to show only publicly-accessible charge stations. I don't need to see a station that is private/inaccessible to me!
2. Needs notifications in notification center for things like "car not charging", etc. Currently there are no notifications at all unless you open the app!
Working better, but...
While the February update was an improvement, this app is so cripplingly slow (iOS 5 on a 4th gen. iPod) that I finally gave up and deleted it. Save yourself a big headache and point a browser to their website to search for chargers there. This works without all the delays and you don't even need to log in unless you're going to be using a private charger, like I do at work. Big thumbs down Chargepoint, do you care in the least for us, the people who use your chargers?
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 28, 2014
- Version: 4.0.9
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ChargePoint, Inc.
- © ChargePoint, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.