The CharmPass app lets you purchase and use fares instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to track.
• Purchase BaltimoreLink Local Service, MARC Train, and Commuter Bus tickets all from one app.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE SERVICE
2. CHOOSE FARE
3. SELECT TICKET TYPE
4. CHOOSE QUANTITY
5. CHECK OUT
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A: Cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can activate your pre-purchased tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
A: Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the CharmPass app or erase your phone while you have active tickets on it. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Purchase your ticket anytime and activate your fare as you’re boarding.
• Show your ticket to the operator of the vehicle.
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
- Corrected an issue where ticket data was not be displayed correctly for some users
- Additional app performance improvements and security updates
Ratings and Reviews
App never works for me!!
Idk if my case is unique but every time I used this app I always seem to have a problem. Whether it is tickets I purchase not showing up or the app crashing constantly!! I do not recommend this app.
This app is an easy way to buy commuter train tickets. However, it has serious issues in implementation. First, the app does NOT support Wallet. You must run the app to access the ticket. Second, and this is a related problem, the app tries to check an online server before it will open and will frequently hang. Not very useful if you’re trying to display your ticket to the conductor. Fixing these two issues, ie. support wallet and have the app open before checking a validation server, will greatly improve functionality.
I use to love this app. It would keep track of your purchases and suggest them. You could pay with Apple Pay. Apple Pay is no longer accepted. Your credit card info must’ve entered each time. The app is worthless now. If I’m running late and don’t have a ticket, it’s faster to stop by a booth than to use this app. Whoever approves these changes should be fired.
I deleted and reinstalled the app. It still didn’t save password or credit card info. At least in my experience the app rates zero stars as it no longer works at all.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.