By Charter Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your Spectrum TV experience with you! Use your device as a TV to watch 43 live channels everywhere, and more than 150 live channels when connected to your Charter home WiFi network. You can also download your favorite movies and TV shows and watch them on the go, everywhere—even without a network connection.
- Download thousands of movies and TV shows and watch them on the go with your subscription to Showtime, Starz, Encore or MoviePlex
- Watch live and On Demand TV
- Use your Apple device as a second TV to watch more than 150 channels from anywhere in your house when connected to your Charter home WiFi network.
- Like what you’re watching on your device? Found your favorite show in the TV guide? Send it to your TV to watch it on the big screen.
- Browse TV listings, add shows to your Watchlist and schedule DVR recordings from any room in the house (or anywhere else).
Explore Kid Zone to easily find kid-friendly programming, and tap the padlock icon to keep your kids from accessing other areas of the app.
Quickly find all the live games currently playing, and get real-time scores. You can also use the Spoiler button to hide scores of games you’re recording for later viewing.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
- Available programming is based on your Spectrum TV subscription package. Downloads of movies and TV shows are currently available only with a subscription to Showtime, Starz, Encore or MoviePlex.
- In-home viewing requires a Select, Silver or Gold Spectrum TV subscription and a Charter-provided home WiFi network with a minimum connection speed of 1 Mbps.
- Downloading requires a WiFi connection, but you can watch live and On Demand programming outside your home over a cellular network (data charges from your carrier may apply).
- Scheduling a DVR recording in the app requires a Motorola digital receiver, which is only available in some markets.
- To use personalized features of the app, such as Watchlist, Downloads and Favorites, you’ll have to sign in with your Charter.net email address. If you don’t have a Charter ID, you can create one at our support page.
- Device requirements: iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 7 or above.
NICKNAMING YOUR DIGITAL RECEIVERS
If you have multiple digital receivers, giving them nicknames will help you know which one you’re scheduling recordings on (go to Settings > Devices > TV Nicknames). To know which TV you’re naming, stand in front of the TV and tap “Check This TV” until a message displays on the TV.
We read your reviews and take your concerns seriously, so if you need help please reach out by emailing us at email@example.com or send feedback from the Settings menu.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY
We make every effort to offer the same live and On Demand programming that you can watch on your TV, and we frequently add new channels. However, programming restrictions keep us from making every single channel available within the Spectrum TV app. Channel availability also varies by market, and this app is currently unavailable (but coming soon) in Colorado, Montana, Utah and Wyoming.
What's New in Version 2.2.9
Keeps stoping... Or won't even start
Seems like the last couple months this app has not been working well. It's having a very hard time even turning on. As soon as I pick a station it freezes and stays there.
Other times when it does turn on a station, a few minutes into the show it freezes and the show stops. UGH!
The app had been working OK, but suddenly it's telling me I'm "out of home" when I am sitting on my couch and demonstrably on my Charter wifi.
Being "out of home" limits the live viewing choices, so I've had to sign out you would think being signed in would give me full access, but nooooo) so I can see the local programming I'm looking for.
It doesn't seem like recognizing that I'm on my home network should be such a problem.
Does not work
Does not work, if you call tech support, all they will tell you is.."We don't know why it doesn't work, and we don't know how to fix it. But don't call us because it's free and we are only concerned with the services you pay for. It's not like you are paying for it. So stop complaining, you're being ungrateful."
It is only available so Charter/Spectrum can advertise that they have an app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 09, 2015
- Version: 2.2.9
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Charter Communications
- © 2015 Charter Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.