By Charter Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your Spectrum TV experience with you! Use your device as a TV to watch 43 live channels everywhere, and more than 150 live channels when connected to your Charter home WiFi network. You can also download your favorite movies and TV shows and watch them on the go, everywhere—even without a network connection.
- Download thousands of movies and TV shows and watch them on the go with your subscription to Showtime, Starz, Encore or MoviePlex
- Watch live and On Demand TV
- Use your Apple device as a second TV to watch more than 150 channels from anywhere in your house when connected to your Charter home WiFi network.
- Like what you’re watching on your device? Found your favorite show in the TV guide? Send it to your TV to watch it on the big screen.
- Browse TV listings, add shows to your Watchlist and schedule DVR recordings from any room in the house (or anywhere else).
Explore Kid Zone to easily find kid-friendly programming, and tap the padlock icon to keep your kids from accessing other areas of the app.
Quickly find all the live games currently playing, and get real-time scores. You can also use the Spoiler button to hide scores of games you’re recording for later viewing.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
- Available programming is based on your Spectrum TV subscription package. Downloads of movies and TV shows are currently available only with a subscription to Showtime, Starz, Encore or MoviePlex.
- In-home viewing requires a Select, Silver or Gold Spectrum TV subscription and a Charter-provided home WiFi network with a minimum connection speed of 1 Mbps.
- Downloading requires a WiFi connection, but you can watch live and On Demand programming outside your home over a cellular network (data charges from your carrier may apply).
- Scheduling a DVR recording in the app requires a Motorola digital receiver, which is only available in some markets.
- To use personalized features of the app, such as Watchlist, Downloads and Favorites, you’ll have to sign in with your Charter-provided email address. If you don’t have a Charter email address, you can create one at our support page.
- Device requirements: iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8 or above.
NICKNAMING YOUR DIGITAL RECEIVERS
If you have multiple digital receivers, giving them nicknames will help you know which one you’re scheduling recordings on (go to Settings > Devices > TV Nicknames). To know which TV you’re naming, stand in front of the TV and tap “Check This TV” until a message displays on the TV.
We read your reviews and take your concerns seriously, so if you need help please reach out and send feedback from the Settings menu.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY
We make every effort to offer the same live and On Demand programming that you can watch on your TV, and we frequently add new channels. However, programming restrictions keep us from making every single channel available within the Spectrum TV app. Channel availability also varies by market.
What's New in Version 2.4.0
Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks are now one company. If you’re unsure if you’re using the right app for your service area, tap the new “Is this the right app?” link on the sign-in screen, and we’ll help you.
Wow, it has worked for the whole week, fingers crossed!
I'm actually writing a good review😉! I just hope it last. I am afraid an update will show up because I hope it will continue like it is now. Please maintainers of this app, please just keep it like it is now. It's actually working on my phone and iPad both.
Well, surprise! Today when I open the app it says i need to update. When I do it just goes back to the app sign up and when I touch the open button, it opens the app and the message that I need to update again. What the ___! A brand new problem. Do the developers sit around and figure out ways to screw this thing up? JUST FIX IT AND LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!
Minus zero stars-worst app ever
I cant even use it now. When i open it, it tells me the app is out of date, please upgrade to enjoy the latest features, when i click the update, it takes me to the app store where all i see is, open, so i open the app and it takes me to the update app window in the app, loop de loop. Weak. Plus it wont stream via apple tv, to a tv like netflix or hbogo. It won't play movies while in another app, ie, scrolling safari, it doesnt list a description for a movie, it just immediately loads the movie regardless of if you wanted to watch, THEN you can read more info on it. The setup if is crowded and confusing.
App works great
Just got Charter installed yesterday and this app loads really quick. It's works for me in Texas so I don't know what the other 1 star reviews are about. Within the app I think everything loads much faster than HBOGo does. Skipping forward just loads and you can skip the previews in the beginning when watching HBO On Demand. So far everything has been snappy no lag whatsoever. 👍🏽
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 73.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Charter Communications
- © 2015 Charter Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.