By Madcap Logic, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Charting Art" contains the final four lessons of Creativity Express. The lessons in Charting Art make cross-curricular connections to math and history, engaging children in more complex subjects using Art as the compass.
• Animated Art Guides – Tickles, Furnace, and Ruby – lead children through four fun and engaging cross-curricular lessons designed to enhance your child’s critical thinking skills and unlock their creativity and problem solving capability.
• 4 Lessons: Time, Math, Museums, and Inspiration
• 8 'Creativity Builders' art projects give children hands-on experience using knowledge from each lesson. Two projects per lesson, the topics range from making a time capsule to designing a movie set.
• A ‘Parents’ page detailed guide to each Creativity Builders project including objectives, vocabulary, materials and procedures.
• Idea Gizmo to jump-start your child’s imagination and creative thinking skills.
• Doodle Gizmo -A fun, easy-to-use drawing and painting program for your mobile device.
• Comprehensive Glossary of art terms and definitions
Creativity Express is a multi-award winning visual arts curriculum created by former Disney animators and professional educators. Each lesson features expert animation and engaging characters, followed by hands-on activities to strengthen understanding of the ideas presented.
Have your child Charting Art with these lessons:
• Time: Art is a useful tool in exploring how life was lived in the past. Paintings serve as records of life long ago and help identify changes in a changing world. Test your knowledge playing ‘Fact or Fib’ and experience different cultures while traveling through time.
• Math: Math influences art in many ways. Discover the secrets of the Fibonacci Sequence and Golden Ratio while exploring proportion and shape in nature. Take a trip back in time to learn how the Egyptians and Greeks used mathematical foundations for their artwork and architecture, and how those same formulas are used today.
• Museums: Visiting a museum can be more than looking at old bones and portraits. Let the professionals show you around, and you'll find out how artwork is maintained, preserved, restored, and protected from theft. Learn about the artwork that got away, and how Michelangelo created a forgery.
• Inspiration: Anyone can be an artist, but like any other field of study it takes practice. Discover ways that famous artists influenced and inspired each other. Learn about the techniques they studied, the paintings they made, and how you can learn from their methods. Then you’re ready to develop your own individual style!
Recommended for ages 7-97
No in-app purchases
No user ID tracking
Meets the National Standards for the Visual Arts.
- Educational App Store (EAS) top 5-star certification
What's New in Version 1.03.003
- Improved video play
- Minor tweaks and fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 03, 2017
- Version: 1.03.003
- Size: 120 MB
- Seller: Madcap Logic, LLC
- © 2007-2017 Madcap Logic, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.