Charts & Tides
By Navimatics Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The all new Charts&Tides for iOS7 is finally here! Now get access to charts, tides, ActiveCaptain information, GPS navigation and more in a well designed package. Use it at home to research and plan your trip. Use it on your boat to navigate a route to your final destination.
Charts&Tides was designed with ease of use in mind. The interface is intuitive and tasks have been streamlined. Unlike other marine software, you do not need to download, store and manage individual charts or load them into the software; we have done the legwork for you and compiled large area charts that combine information from multiple sources.
In more detail:
- Provides continuous and seamless large area charts derived from NOAA and CHS vector cartography.
- Shows tide levels and current speeds on the chart using easily interpreted icons. Allows you to judge the water situation around you with a single glance.
- Integrates with the ActiveCaptain interactive cruising guidebook providing you with access to thousands of marinas, anchorages, hazards and other local knowledge.
- Stores the entire ActiveCaptain database offline so that it is always available to you, even without an Internet connection.
- Allows you to instantly search thousands of chart features and the ActiveCaptain database.
- Supports waypoints, routes, tracks and allows you to import and export them in GPX format. Route navigation with automatic waypoint sequencing is also supported.
- Supports multiple options for navigation. You can use your device's built-in GPS or connect to an external GPS via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. You can also use dead reckoning mode.
- Supports external AIS devices and performs Closest Point of Approach (CPA) computations.
- Comes with a dark UI that looks good during the day and will preserve your night vision when it is dark.
The software comes with a world base map, but does not come prepackaged with any detailed marine charts. You can purchase detailed marine charts from within the application. You can also use the software without purchasing additional charts.
What's New in Version 5.4.15229
- ActiveCaptain changes for 2015
- Misc other fixes
Do not support these people
I bought this app for a high price. Used and it was pretty good. They no longer support that version. Got a new phone and now I have to re-buy the same app. They do not answer emails. Do not risk it.
Useless without $$$
What they don't tell you is that the app is worthless without purchasing charts from them. There's plenty of name brand chart packages that I would trust, as well as FREE charts from NOAA. Deleted!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 27, 2015
- Version: 5.4.15229
- Size: 40.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Navimatics Corporation
- © 2008-2015 Navimatics Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2014 US Marine Vector Chart$24.99
- 2016 US Marine Vector Chart$24.99
- 2015 US Marine Vector Chart$24.99
- 2015 US & Canada Marine Vector Chart$39.99
- 2016 US & Canada Marine Vector Chart$39.99
- 2014 US & Canada Marine Vector Chart$39.99