By JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do your banking right from your mobile device
You can manage your accounts, make deposits, find ATMs and more.
Now it’s easy to do banking 24/7, right from your iPhone® or iPod touch®. To start, just enroll in Chase Online.
To view the Chase Mobile app in Spanish language, please ensure your iPhone® or iPod touch® language setting is set to Spanish (Asegúrate de que tu iPhone® o iPod touch® esté configurado en el idioma español)
MONITOR YOUR ACCOUNT
See account balances & transaction history
View your credit and debit card rewards status
• Pay bills and credit cards
• Transfer money between Chase accounts
• Make deposits with Chase QuickDepositSM
• Send wire transfers
• Make changes to pending transactions
• Send and request money with Chase Person-to-Person QuickPaySM
FIND LOCATIONS AND CONTACT CHASE
• Find the nearest Chase branches & ATMs
• Speak with a service representative
CUSTOMIZE ALERTS AND PUSH NOTIFICATIONS FOR:
• Account balance levels
• ACH transfers
MANAGE YOUR CHASE CREDIT CARD
• View your credit card balance and activity
• Make payments
• View Ultimate Rewards information
MANAGE YOUR CHASE LIQUID CARD
• View your balance and transaction activity
• Make a deposit with Chase QuickDeposit and reload your card
• Transfer money to a Chase Liquid card
• #1 Overall Mobile Banking App in 2013 – Keynote Mobile Banker Scorecard
• #1 App in 2013 US Mobile Banking Functionality Rankings – Forrester Research, Inc., April 25, 2013
Some features are available for eligible customers and accounts only.
iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
There is no charge from Chase, but message and data rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider. Delivery of alerts may be delayed for various reasons, including service outages affecting your phone, wireless or internet provider; technology failures; and system capacity limitations. Any time you review your balance, keep in mind it may not reflect all transactions including recent debit card transactions or checks you have written.A qualifying Chase transfer account is required to transfer funds via text. Phone Alerts are not available for Chase Basic CheckingSM account
Deposit products provided by JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A. Member FDIC
Equal Opportunity Lender
What's New in Version 2.540
• Chase QuickPay payments are now available within minutes between Chase and select banks.
• Search, sort and filter credit card transactions.
• Now pay or transfer funds without having to re-enter your password when you log on with Touch ID.
• Explore auto loans from your phone and apply to get financing before heading to the dealer.
• Explore your mortgage options right on your phone. Discover options to buy, refinance or tap into your home’s equity.
• Use 3D Touch to quickly access ATMs and Chase locations near you by pressing on the app icon.
• Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Super annoying, wish I didn't need it.
This app is extremely frustrating. I think we all expect in 2016 to have instant access and control over our bank accounts via mobile. This is an easy task to figure out, as countless banks have already done so. However, Chase seems to think it's acceptable to deny mobile access whenever they feel like it. And they feel like it a lot. For starters, whenever there is an app update, they disable all access until you download the update. Secondly, you won't find out if the app requires an update until you take the time to log in. Third, the mobile check deposit is frequently unavailable for no apparent reason. Fourth, when the mobile check deposit is available, it often rejects perfectly clear crisp photos for no apparent reason. I often take the same photo 4 or 5 times until it finally accepts it. The chase app developers love to keep updating their app, but never address any of the long standing issues that I have brought up here. I wish they would get a clue and make an app that is actually enjoyable to use. So many others have made great apps, it's not impossible.
Incomplete Touch ID so what's the point
Update: 5 stars now. Looks like they removed the requirement to enter a password into the app to make a payment. Now you just log in with Touch ID and you're able to make your payment!
Looks like there are tons of negative reviews on here for the BANK not the APP. That's wrong. This is really a nice App.
I'm even considering switching to Chase because of the app. My own bank's app is horrible and background just a web view wrapped in an app.
First: fantastic app. Beautiful and iPhone native, not some stupid embedded web view. It's quick and a pleasure to use.
Second: happy that Touch ID is implemented. That's awesome for login.
Touch ID doesn't work for making payments, viewing statements, and I'm sure possibly other functions. (I only have a credit card). What's the point of having Touch ID on some but not all functions? Previously, I had to enter a password to get into the app, then did not need to enter it to make a payment. Now, I can Touch ID when opening the app, but still have to enter a password to make a payment, which basically defeats the purpose. Other than that this would be 5 stars.
If course as I post this, I realize that Apple's OWN App Store app won't allow me to post a review without entering my password—even though I can buy hundreds of dollars worth of apps on the store with just my Touch ID!
Can't live without it.
I've actually been banking online since 1989 when there was no web banking and I had to use an old phone cradle modem to connect directly to the bank. When I got the iPhone 1 the first week it came out, I was happy to see this app arrive - and I'm still using it almost 10 years later on iOS 10.
I do everything on it. Over the years they've updated it a number of times. The only issue I have is that I have two Chase accounts (personal & business) but I can only use Touch ID on one. That may be an Apple thing - not a Chase problem. Who knows and who cares. This works just fine for my day to day needs. I do like that now the login requirement to pay bills once you're logged in with touch has been eliminated.
Perhaps I could add a second fingerprint for my business account only but I'll have to play with that.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Sep 11, 2016
- Version: 2.540
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA
- © 2016 JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.