ChatMate for WhatsApp
By Bastian Roessler
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
ChatMate for WhatsApp is the successor of the famous App for WhatsApp and it is the best and most powerful App to use WhatsApp on your Mac.
The App is among the TOP selling Apps in more than 30 countries worldwide and has received overwhelming user feedback.
Only with ChatMate for WhatsApp you can send and receive voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis.
It is the must have App for any WhatsApp user with a Mac!
These unique features can only be found in ChatMate for WhatsApp:
• Send and receive text messages, voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis
• Record videos and photos directly in App and share them with your friends
• Save received images, videos and documents to your Mac
• "Dark Mode": With a beautiful layout dominated by dark colors ChatMate for WhatsApp will be easy on your eyes
• "Do not disturb Mode": disables all notifications with a single click
• "Privacy Mode": Automatically locks ChatMate for WhatsApp with a password or Touch ID after a user selected idle time
• "Stealth Mode": Prevents others from peaking into your conversations
• Choose from more than 20 different notification sounds
• Choose a custom chat window wallpaper image
• [New] Full Touch Bar integration
• [New] Share Extension: Share photos, videos, documents, text and webpages from directly from any source app (including Finder, Safari, Photos and more...)
• [New] Keep window always on top option.
• Polished Mac style user interface
• Integrates seamlessly into your Mac workflow
• Option to hide the dock icon (run the App seamlessly in the background)
• Open the App window with a customizable keyboard shortcut at any time
• Option to show a MenuBar icon (in the upper right corner of the display, where the clock is)
• Customization options for the notifications (show/hide sender and message preview)
• Option to automatically launch the App after logging in to your Mac
• Use drag and drop to send media (also from Apple Fotos App)
• Reply to incoming messages right from the message notification
• Show unread message count in Dock icon badge
• Show new unread message alert in MenuBar
• Play videos inside the App
• App window supports full screen and split screen mode
• Standalone Application. No need to have a Web Browser window open to write WhatsApp messages
• Optimized for minimum CPU and Memory footprint using latest Swift 4 technology
We have answered the most frequent questions in an FAQ, which you can reach at https://chatmate.io/faq
For further support, feature requests, bug reports or anything else, please eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll be happy to assist you!
ChatMate for WhatsApp requires a WhatsApp Web compatible smartphone.
(If you are unsure please open WhatsApp on your mobile device, navigate to settings and check for a "WhatsApp Web" option).
ChatMate for WhatsApp is a third party App. The developer of this software is NOT sponsored by or affiliated with WhatsApp Inc. in any way.
What's New in Version 4.2.2
• Fixes a problem that could lead to users not being able to send videos.
• General optimisations and bug fixes.
A few features that make it worth buying over the free version but...
Not sure I’d call the application “better” than the free official whatsapp client but it does have a few features that set it apart.
First (and most important to me) is that it incorporates sharing into OSX. Adds the functionality to right-click menus and Safari, which is the reason I ended up buying the software.
Second, top notification bar, allowing me to free up a dock slot - I find this really handy too.
Third, it has a few customization options the official client doesn’t have (eg transparency).
Fourth, audio and video recording support.
Finally, better emoji support.
That said, it’s a little clunkier. Clicking the buttons isn’t as easy and there is a lot of dead space (for example turning off notifications and opening the preferences menu). When you do successfully click on the buttons, there’s a delay before they pop open as well. I’ve also had more crashes and hangups than I did with the official app.
All in all it’s good and expands on the free version of the whatsapp application. It’s worth the $3 I paid for it, but it could definitely use some improvements here and there before being a 5-star app.
Ease on the keypad!
I love being able to do this messaging on my keypad on my Mac as it makes life much easier. The app on my iPhone and this app sync together beautifully!
Give it a try and you’ll love it.
I love it.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 18, 2017
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Bastian Roessler
- © 2015-2017 Bastian Roessler
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor