ChatSecure - Encrypted Messenger
By Chris Ballinger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to an existing Google account, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about 'military grade' security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* OMEMO for a mobile-friendly alternative to OTR.
* Tor to help bypass restrictive firewalls.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
* Free and Open Source: https://github.com/chatsecure/chatsecure-ios
Follow @ChatSecure on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatsecure
What's New in Version 4.0
What's new in v4.0:
* OMEMO Encryption 
* Profile screen that shows contact's OMEMO and OTR fingerprints
* In-app notifications on iOS 10
* Outgoing message queue for improved reliability
* Resend any outgoing message
* Automatic selection of best available encryption with manual override per contact
* TOFU (trust on first use) for OTR and OMEMO fingerprints
* Easily share and compare OMEMO and OTR fingerprints
* Keeps screen awake while device is plugged in and app in foreground
* Improve reliability of audio messages
* Slightly longer XEP-0198 timeout
* Fixes multiple group chat bugs
* Significantly improves database performance
* Many more bug fixes and performance improvements 
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 17, 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 77.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chris Ballinger
- © 2016 ChatSecure Developers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.