ChatSecure - Encrypted Messenger
By Chris Ballinger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to an existing Google account, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about 'military grade' security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* Tor to help bypass restrictive firewalls.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
* Free and Open Source: https://github.com/chatsecure/chatsecure-ios
Follow @ChatSecure on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatsecure
What's New in Version 3.2.2
* Fix crashes and UI issues caused by asynchronous database initialization
* Improved contact search when starting a new conversation (also now with less crashes)
* Fix crash when sharing account on iPad
* Update Italian translation
* Fix multiple Knocks and improve reliability
* Don't send delivery receipts if decryption fails
* Update 3rd party dependencies
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 29, 2016
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 35.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chris Ballinger
- © 2015 ChatSecure Developers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.