ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to an existing Google account, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about 'military grade' security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* OMEMO for a mobile-friendly alternative to OTR.
* Tor integration for easy access to XMPP .onion services.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
* Free and Open Source: https://github.com/chatsecure/chatsecure-ios
Follow @ChatSecure on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatsecure
►► ChatSecure Donations
Subscribe to ChatSecure to help make developing free and open source privacy tools sustainable. We welcome any contribution to support ongoing development. The donation levels are currently $2.99/month, $5.99/month or $19.99/month. Here's what you get:
• Feel good supporting indie software
• Continued development and updates
• Help keep the app free for everyone
To manage your subscription:
• You can turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Attempting to fix source of crash regression in Swift 4.1.2 runtime (reabstraction thunk helper swift_getObjectType crash).
* Other crash fixes
* Actually fix crash on launch by disabling download resumption
* Fix crash on launch when resuming downloads
* Fix bug causing duplicate MAM messages
* No longer expires the last remaining OMEMO key after it hasn't been seen for > 30 days
* Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Chat is pretty good ...but....
You guys have been marvelous really! I love Chat but this latest update crashes constantly!
The biggest problem Is when I scroll back through my texts and in the middle of that the whole thing crashes! What gives?
Buggy and bad notifications
Happy about the omemo support and whatnot, but on iOS 12 it seems like the app constantly crashes on other outright, or it just displays a blank screen for chats.
Additionally it seems to give multiple notifications per message? Some saying I have a message, some with a message.
Would love to see improvements!
Best xmpp client around
Encrypted, easy to use, and in today's subscription plan world full functionality and a donate button. This app should be your go to for xmpp
- Chris Ballinger
- 92.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 ChatSecure Developers
- In-App Purchases
- $2.99 Donation $2.99
- $5.99 Donation $5.99
- $9.99 Donation $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.