Searching for a lightweight, but fully functional app for chatting with your Facebook friends? Try Chatty, the whole new way of keeping in touch with your buddies.
• Messenger functionality.
• Supports Retina display.
• Choose the appearance that fits for you for the best experience.
• Compact mode - to make chatting more comfortable on smaller screens.
• Get built-in notifications instantly to stay up to date.
• Send replies from the notifications.
• Send stickers and download directly from the Sticker Store.
• Create groups and text with your friends.
• Send photos and files with drag-n-drop.
• Easy and secure Facebook Login with 2-step verification.
Follow Chatty on:
Twitter - @getchattyme
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/getchatty
Silicon Valley series and related contents are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
Facebook and the Facebook logo are trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
• Improved reconnecting
• Fixed emojis in notification center replies
• Minor UI fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I haven’t had the oppurtunity to use this to its full potential and it seems great, but there are some turn downs…
First: I have not had a single messenger game load.
Second: DO NOT CHANGE THE SETTING TO “ONLY SHOW IN MENU BAR”… The app is currently messed up and it seems that you can’t access the settings or its application menus anymore if you do.
Overall, it looks better than the one built into Current; it’s better than the “Messenger App” that is not on the app store (that one’s notifications are very iffy); and I have yet to try Flamingo. We’ll see.
It truly is the best Facebook Messenger app for MacOS. Sleek, functional, no problems so far at all. Not to mention it allows you to carry on a Facebook conversation without actually having to BE on Facebook. Which is why I got it. Really great for workflow.
The other free apps were okay, they were just a little buggy and didn’t look as good.
This one’s better and worth the two bucks.
Exactly what you would expect from an official FB Messenger app
The space grey mode also blends perfectly with Mojave's new dark mode.
However, there is a glitch that cause the app to try to simultaneously display the time a message was sent at and the react button, meaning I can't react to messages.
- Adam Panger
- 2.6 MB
- Social Networking
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2016. Adam Panger & Patrik Burda. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.