Mint Bills & Money
By Intuit Mint Bills, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mint Bills (formerly Check) is from Intuit, the creators of Turbo Tax, Quickbooks, Mint, and Quicken. Mint Bills is an award-winning app that stays on top of your bills and money for you. Just set it up once and the app goes to work – proactively staying on top of your bills and monitoring your bank accounts and credit cards, all in one place. Easily pay your bills from directly within the application, so you never miss a bill or get hit with overdraft & late fees again.
Featured in the iTunes App Store:
• Enhanced for iOS 8 (Nov 2014)
• Great Free Apps (Jan 2014)
• Best New Apps (Dec 2013)
• New Year, New You - Personal Finance (Dec 2013)
• New Year, New You (Dec 2012)
• 10 Finance Essentials (2012)
Loved by the Press:
• CNBC: The best financial apps of 2014
• CNN Money: "Cadillac of money management apps" (May 2012)
• PC Magazine: The Best Personal Finance Apps (2012)
• Fox News: 10 Apps to Save Money & Help You Take Control of Your Finances (2012)
How our app keeps your bills & money in check:
• See all your bills & accounts in one centralized place
• Get reminders when bills are due: Receive emails, push messages, and even see your bills due list from the Today Extension in you Notification Center so you can see what’s due in one swipe
• Pay on the spot and schedule bill payments for free
• Conveniently pay bills with a bank account or credit card*
• Pay your bill within a day with our Expedited Payments feature*
• Pay small billers for free (rent, gym, etc.), and easier than ever with direct access to your address book (iPhone only)
• Receive alerts when funds are low or credit limits are near
• Fast, anytime access to bill statements from inside the app + free bill statement storage (for supported providers only)
The Mint Bills app pays your bills on time so you never stress about missing a bill again – we’ll remember so you don’t have to. Get reminders when bills are due, then pay them on the spot or schedule the payment for later. No stamps, no phone calls, no hassle. The app keeps it all together in once central place. With multiple credit cards, bank accounts, and numerous bills to keep track of, it’s too easy to overdraft, miss a payment or exceed credit limits. With our app, you never have to worry because you’ll always know exactly where you stand.
Our Triple Layer Security ensures your information is safe & secure.
1. Bank-Level Security: Our app is armed with the same 128-bit encryption and physical security standards as your bank. The app is also verified and monitored by third party security experts such as TRUSTe, McAfee, Hacker Safe and Verisign.
2. In-App Security & Remote Data Destruct: Safeguard app access with a Touch ID or a 4-digit PIN , so only you can view your account. If your smartphone is ever lost or stolen, delete all your account information remotely.
3. Real-Time Alerts: If the app notices any large purchases or unusual charges in your account, you’ll be notified immediately via real-time push messages and emails.
It’s easy to get started:
1. Download the Mint Bills app
2. Securely connect all your accounts to get reminders & alerts
3. Relax, while the app stays on top of it all, for you!
* Paying bills using your bank account is free; paying with your credit or debit card includes a transaction fee.
Mint Bills is provided by Intuit Mint Bills, Inc., an authorized delegate of Intuit Payments Inc. in Washington state.
What's New in Version 8.36
• Enhanced security functionality
New in previous versions:
• Bill pay flow improvements
Good and does as advertised, but...
I can almost get through my month monitoring my payments and accounts. There are a few nits to pick though. I have one Credit Union account that stubbornly refuses to work with Mint Bills in spite of the fact that I can use and monitor the same account in Mint Money Manager. It makes no sense that Intuit has a relationship with this bank for one app and not the other. The way things stand, I can use Mint Bills to track and stay atop all my payments except my mortgage, which is tied to this credit union account. Almost missed the fact that after refinancing my mortgage recently, the first auto-payment didn't get pulled. My wife caught the problem when the payment was still sitting in my account 4 days past the auto-payment date. This might have caused a big problem! Since Intuit already has authorized access to this credit union via their other app, and I've gotten nowhere over the years getting them to add this bank to Bills, I'm reviewing Bills and rating with a three star rating, due to what could only be construed as gross apathy as regards customer service. Synchronize the accessible banks on both apps to regain 5 stars, Intuit!
My "most used" app!!!
Update: Mint Bills has made the updates I requested which makes it easier to trust and act on what I am seeing. They even added a service provider I requested which will ensure I pay on time if the kids misplace my bill from the mail! Love it and give it 5 Stars. I use this app more than any other.
I really like the app overall. The only thing I do not like is the Reports function which has a Total Paid column which displays my entire total credit card balances each month instead of my actual payments to credit cards. Makes no sense. I have turned in the issue but no changes have been made yet. This makes the reporting function useless for me. Would have rated 5 stars because otherwise a great app to stay on top of your finances and get notified when bills are due. Only rated 4 stars because I feel the reporting function is sloppy and the lack of action after reporting the issue.
A modern necessity
Since pretty much all financial institutions have adopted the worst practice of trying to nickel dime their customers by charging late fees for every trivial infraction, apps like Mint Bills have become a necessity to hang on to your hard-earned cash. I like it better than Mint and others because it doesn't send you these annoying messages about how you can chisel the banks. I just want to pay my bills on time and without a hassle.
The reason it gets four stars and not five is that there perpetually seems to be some institution that mint bills can't talk to because of the latest security procedure undertaken by the bank. Sometimes this gets resolved within a day or two, sometimes it takes weeks. During those times of outage, the user is open to getting hit with late fees because the app can't tell you what you owe and when.
All in all, I wouldn't be without this app.