By Splasm Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
More than a basic check register and reporting tool, CheckBook Pro features everything in CheckBook, our powerfully simple personal finance manager, and then some. Get a report for all of your accounts at once. Search for transactions with any combination of criteria. Group your transactions into folders. Change the details of a group of transactions in a single stroke. CheckBook Pro's simply powerful data management tools make it all just plain easy.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
• Save complex searches as Smart Folders, so you can search again and again
• Group your transactions into Folders, to tidy up or begin a new year
• Quickly change the details for a group of transactions, instead of one at a time
• Report on all your accounts at the same time
• See pending scheduled transactions for all your accounts with a single reminder
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud, when used on OS X Mountain Lion and purchased from the Mac App Store
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions
Learn more about CheckBook Pro
• Download & print CheckBook Pro's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook Pro: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook Pro users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook Pro to email@example.com. We're happy to help!
What's New in Version 2.5.5
This version of CheckBook Pro resolves an issue that could prevent Account Summaries from displaying properly.
I like that it isn't "function overkill"
Some software is so complicated that it defeats the purpose. Not this one.
I know that this is a checkbook app, but I needed a software to keep track of my self-employment cash income and expenses, plus have the ability to pull up custom reports. That's all I wanted, so Quicken seemed like overkill to me. I make an entry or two at the end of each day, and love the fact that I can pull up summaries of past weeks, months, income and/or year-to-date totals. I can run one income/expense report each quarter and know how much to pay in quarterly taxes. Income and expenses all on one printout, and I can put as much detail in the report as I want, or do a summary only.
For $25, it has saved me a lot of $$ and time. I use this app every day. I think it would also be great to use as a way to keep up with cash spending or family budgets, for those who are watching and tracking their spending. It is simple to use and understand. Reports are easily customized.
Finally found what I was looking for!
After years of struggling with Quicken for Mac, which more and more WASN”T for Mac, I finally found CheckbookPro. There was a very shallow learning curve, mainly just adjusting to the ‘different from Quicken’ layout, but after a few days of using it I find it intuitive and very responsive. I love the reconcile feature, which on Quicken I hadn’t used for years because it didn’t reconcile. I love the schedule feature, which helps me remember upcoming charges to my checking account. I especially love the customer service. I had a minor issue with changing from the Checkbook trial to the purchased CheckbookPro app. An email to support got a very quick response with easy to follow instructions which allowed me to resolve the issue.
Highly recommend if you are looking for a basic checkbook function to replace Quicken or other non-Mac-native app. Very basic, and very easy to use.
Simple but Powerful
I was looking for an app that didn't connect with my bank- it takes longer to correct those auto-categorized transactions than it does to just enter them myself. At our house we have a salaried job, a realtor, and a small business run from home. And Check-Book Pro is handling all of these. It's easy to enter transactions and to categorize items, and easy to have multiple accounts. Easy to use and powerful enough for business tax tracking! I'm super happy with this app!!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 11, 2013
- Version: 2.5.5
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Splasm Software, Inc.
- © 2002-2013 Splasm Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later