By Splasm Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Where does all my money go?" A paper check register can't categorize your transactions or report cash flow over time, and it'll never balance itself. Other finance apps are like medieval torture devices, so full of features you don't need that they're actually painful to use. What you really need is a friendly personal finance tool that gets the basics just right and keeps things simple. That's where we come in. Introducing CheckBook 2, your powerfully simple personal finance manager.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook
• Download & print CheckBook's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbook
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook to email@example.com. We're happy to help!
What's New in Version 2.5.10
• Prevents a potential mixup when changing the details of a previously entered transfer.
Makes Tax Preparation Much Easier
I’ve found Checkbook very useful in keeping checking accounts balanced and especially in assembling deductible expenses when preparing tax returns. The ability to prepare a report of all deductible expenses paid by check is a big time saver. It takes a little while to get used to using Checkbook, but with experience it is fairly easy to use and has a number of helpful features to make it easier to enter transactions. It’s not a perfect five stars, but much closer to five than to four.
I wish I had purchased the Pro version, especially when it was on sale, since an upgraded price is not available on the App Store. It would add some useful capability that I didn’t think I would need when I first purchased it.
Great Excel Spreadsheet Replacement
I was using a self built Excel sheet for my check register, until my computer decided to stop cooperating with me. When I bought my new Mac I knew I wanted an easy to use app that would do the balancing and math for me and this app sure fit the bill! It’s easy to set up and use, the only “wish” I have would be if it synced with my bank online! I could have paid for an app that would do that, but the prices!!!! Gesh. This is a great app for someone who wants “easy” but high quality and basic. Who knows, I may still have things to find out about this app and might have to update this later! If you are still in doubt, go to the website of the product and you can get a free trial (up to 100 entries) before commiting and paying for it!!!! :)
Gets the job Done but can also put you in a bind.
compared to Microsoft money, it is not as detailed but it allows me to check off tax deductible and run reports which I always need for the end of the year in Tax season. However, I do not like how it does my bills. If I enter a bill early or late then it changes the next date the bill is due to 30 days or 2 weeks from that day depending on what I have it set on. I preferr it not change the date but I have not choice. Only down fall in my opionion when i am trying to keep track of the bills coming due. I have to remember to go back and change it every time.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 25, 2016
- Version: 2.5.10
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Splasm Software, Inc.
- © 2002-2016 Splasm Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later