By Splasm Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Where does all my money go?" A paper check register can't categorize your transactions or report cash flow over time, and it'll never balance itself. Other finance apps are like medieval torture devices, so full of features you don't need that they're actually painful to use. What you really need is a friendly personal finance tool that gets the basics just right and keeps things simple. That's where we come in. Introducing CheckBook 2, your powerfully simple personal finance manager.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook
• Download & print CheckBook's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbook
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook to email@example.com. We're happy to help!
What's New in Version 2.5.15
• Copy & paste Entries and Schedules. You can even paste to applications like TextEdit, Numbers, and Excel.
• Properly remembers the way you’ve set up the columns in the Schedule section
• Prevents a crash that could happen when switching documents
• Updated application and document icons for better compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra
• Resolves a situation where some Account balances wouldn’t update right after Scheduled Entries were committed
• Corrects an issue where some fonts might condense so much that characters overlap. Cough. Geneva.
• Improved support for importing reconciled transactions
• A few user interface tweaks and performance enhancements
Great application for tracking your personal finances with accuracy. I adjusted to it well coming from other applications and I have used it now for a year and continue to appreciate it’s professional quality. The only hard part for me was figuring out how to balance it for the first time and not always understanding some of the financial vocabulary used (i.e. what’s a “split?”…I eventually figured it out but it was a mystery to me for awhile). I have had to make a consistent monthly adjustment since my first balance because I couldn't sync it with the dates of my bank statement. Not the app’s problem and I would highly recommend it to any other “typical/average” person who wants to keep track of their account without linking into a bank acct. directly for security concerns.
I recently upgraded to Sierra and wasn’t able to migrate my checkbook without another costly investment in Quicken. I read the reviews and was not impressed with what I read about the latest version of Quicken. Since I already felt recent versions of Quicken had gotten much to complicated, I decided to try Checkbook. I’m glad I did, it works well and in some cases fixes issues that Quicken needed to make. It’s not perfect, but it does what I need it to do and eliminates my need to play the subscription game.
such a great app!!!
I have used Checkbook for several years now and I love it. It does everything I need it to do and I like it much better than I liked Quicken. Checkbook has great support too. I had two questions about auto entry and they responded to my message within hours and gave me the answers to my questions. I recommend this app to all who are looking for a siimple well thought out app for keeping track of spending!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Mar 08, 2017
- Version: 2.5.15
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Splasm Software, Inc.
- © 2002-2017 Splasm Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later