Important note: Please be aware that the main focus of this App is on balanced portions by food group and keeping track daily portions consumed. Make sure to swipe the scroll bar on the right to show more exchanges for the food group that you are looking at.
Introducing Checkoff Diet Tracker With Visual Exchanges, a simply presented diet app. with exchanges in food groups. Set your daily goal and track your consumption by food group. This app. keeps it simple, yet you may track portions by food group, hydration, weight, motivation, exercise and other areas you may want to customize.
- Customize any group and description
- Set and track each food group, Fruits, Vegetables, Oils, Proteins, Grains, Dairy
- Set and track Water consumption
- Set and track your daily Exercise
- Set your goal and track Weight progress
- Manually track Calories per meal and total
- Track your discretionary consumption
- Additionally a completely custom category is available. For example vegetarian options etc.
- Log self actualization state, positive affirmations and overall strategy
- Information from sources such as choosemyplate.gov and other .gov resources.
- View past history
- Edit and save past history
- Included, a Light Hearted game, "WAR ON CRAVINGS - Shoot the Junk Food" with popup suggestions.
- Start by setting your goals for each food group. This is based on your age, gender and amount of daily exercise. Always consult a professional.
- Then simply add the portions as you consume them. Data is saved automatically and will change on a new day.
- Use the "Past" button to view and edit previous day consumptions.
- For each food group use the EXCHANGE portion within the food group to get an idea of substitution for each portion. Swipe up and down to scroll through the content.
- To customize any category , in the top panel, double tap on the name of the group and type the new name. You may also do that to the description below.
- Keep track of weight and calories by selecting the box item, then using the + and - buttons to increase or decrease the amounts.
Added food and calorie database search: Although the app focuses on food group portions and fulfilling your goals, a free-form keyword search has been added to display calories. The data content is accessed from the USDA nutritional database (source information is provided in the app). If large numbers of searches are performed, the database may be inaccessible temporary based on the supplier usage policy. For best results use keywords such as "Apple, raw". IMPORTANT: Use the Slider on the right to swipe and release to scan your results. The database panel will show when you tap on the Scale Icon. Additionally, you can tap the large icon on the top-left for any food group to display the database panel.
Ratings and Reviews
Diet app is very helpful
The app is great for tracking the different food pyramid portions eaten.
It would be nice if you could press one button and it could tell you a summary of how much food you have left to eat for the day in the different categories.
Also combination foods are a challenge to track. I find that I have to use two apps for those foods. I use the other app to look up the nutrition information and then I figure out how many carbs fats and protein those nutrition pieces fit into. For example:
- One carbohydrate exchange, equals 15 grams of carbohydrate.
- One meat exchange equals 7 grams of protein.
- One fat exchange equals 9 grams of fat
This info could be added to the search function for looking up information on foods.
Thank you for making my health easier to manage
Portion units of measure are all off...
1 portion of protein equals 1 ounce in this app. That means I’d have to track 36 portions of protein every day to account for 6 meals with 6 ounces of protein in each. Same with carbs. Fruit portions are measured in cups for some reason, it would be much easier to track 1 piece of fruit (apple, orange, banana, etc.) as one portion. It also gives a one size fits all table of how many portions someone should eat, regardless of activity level. Great concept, poor execution.
I want my money back!
The app looks like it would be helpful but once you purchase you quickly see that it’s not intuitive. There’s a lot that can be done to this app including calculations based on height weight activity etc. I’ve seen better apps than this for free. I want my money back, not useful at all!
- New Angle Technologies, LLC
- 21.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © New Angle Technologies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.