Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"I can't praise Checkpoint Champion enough... this game is just plain sleek."
- Touch Arcade (5/5)
It's time to burn rubber!
Put your driving skills to the ultimate test in a series of fiendish 10-second challenges! You'll need technique and tenacity as you hit and weave through checkpoints on road, dirt, water, grass and mud! Choose between grip and speed as you drift between obstacles, spin around hairpin turns and turbo your way to victory. The challenges may be small, but only the most dedicated drivers will triumph!
- Simple, 2-touch car controls!
- 72 unique, bite-sized challenges!
- A cast of charming retro-inspired cars, each with several paint jobs!
- Multiple terrain types!
- Game Center leaderboards for every challenge!
- 3 endless Arenas!
- Event of the Day!
- Video replays! (iPhone 4S or newer, iPad2 or newer)
- A funky soundtrack, perfect for checkpoint chasing!
- Missions and Secrets!
- Now available in 11 languages!
This is the first game from independent games developer, Protostar. We hope you like it, and we hope you are ready to become... a Checkpoint Champion!
What's New in Version 1.2.0
NEW LOCATION! - Ice Lake
- Features 24 brand new challenges!
- Ice and Snow terrain!
- Cool new music track… pun intended!
- With a surprise mix of checkpoints!
NEW CAR! - Britannia Micro
- Features a slower turning speed - great for beginners!
- Don’t underestimate it though. It has the most powerful turbo yet!
- 7 shiny new paint jobs to unlock!
- Changed the car statistics to better reflect differences between the cars.
- Added a star counter to the main menu.
- Added an Event of the Day star counter.
- Improved graphics quality for high resolution devices.
- Reduced download size.Improved performance on slower devices!
- Changed the starting car to be a Britannia Micro (better for beginners).
- Various small bug fixes and improvements.
Thanks to everyone who is playing the game! Your continued feedback and encouragement has made this update possible.
Looks and plays great. I don't know what the bad reviews are talking about. Yes the controls are simple, but that's what makes the game so great. Maybe these reviewers just gave in too easily, it's not any easy game; some of the challenges are REALLY hard. But having hard challenges is what makes it fun, especially when you just miss the goal. It keeps you coming back.
The more you play the better the game gets. You can use different cars with different abilities, slower/ faster turning, based on the challenge. Can't wait for more tracks and challenges.
A Ruined Good Game
I feel sorry about this game and its makers. What's the most important part for a great sport game? Graphics? This game does a pretty good job on that.
But the bad handling of the control system and the difficulty brought by that just make this game feels...mediocre. There is only one available control system in the game --- tapping without any scales. Honestly, I suffered from trying to turn my car efficiently, and lost my interest soon. Some of the missions in the game are impossible to pass through with the bad handling & controlling.
I would cheer out if they can include a gravity controlling system in the next game vision, in order to make this game great.
I have so many games on my iPhone and iPad - but this is probably the only game I continuously play week after week. I really like the new tracks. The ice adds an extra challenge that makes it even more fun. Hope to see more tracks and cars soon. Great job Protostar!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Protostar Games PTY LTD
- © 2014 Protostar Games Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Protostar Supporter Pack$1.99
- STREET DEMON GT-450$0.99
- GHOST WHITE GT-450$0.99
- BLUE ROADSTER GT-450$0.99
- OLD RACER Ladybird$0.99
- HYPERCOLOR GT-450$0.99
- OUTRUNNER GT-450$0.99
- TOFU EXPRESS XR$0.99
- VINTAGE WHITE Ladybird$0.99
- FLOWER POWER Ladybird$0.99