+++ CheckPoint now supports Apple Watch. Get and Add location reminders right from your Watch!
Have you ever forgotten to accomplish tasks while you're out in the day, only to regret not doing so when you’re finally back home after a long day?
Fret not, CheckPoint will remind you. We made this app so it could remind you to get things done at the right place, right time!
Unlike other reminder apps, CheckPoint is a location-based reminder so you can get relevant reminders based on your location. For example, a reminder to pick up an extra light bulb on your way home from work from the shop nearby. Or a reminder to try out that new cafe your friend recommended when you're in the neighbourhood.
CheckPoint location reminders are battery safe, no matter how many reminders you’ve added!
What are some things you can do with CheckPoint? You can add a reminder to:
• Fuel up when you’re near your favourite petrol station
• Water the plants or take the trash out once you get home
• Buy flowers for your loved ones when you’re passing by your favourite florist ;)
• Bookmark a place your friend suggested to visit, so you remember to do so when you’re just around the corner
… and much more, the possibilities are endless!
CheckPoint includes the following features:
• Add an unlimited number of location-based reminders
• Add places with the help of Google and Foursquare search engines
• Add places using addresses, GPS coordinates, your current location or contacts
• Choose from an array of unique notification sounds so you know it’s a CheckPoint alert
• Add time-based reminders
• Get distance and ETA for saved locations
• Navigate your way to saved locations using Maps, Google Maps or Waze
For feedback/suggestions, feel free to contact us at
• Support for Apple Watch! :)
• Added a few new notification sounds that are longer, so you don't miss em!
• Fixes for distance units not showing as Miles when they should be
• Added a reminder to turn on WiFi as this ensures accuracy of location reminders
Ratings and Reviews
If you search by address book, you have to scroll thru the entire book -- even then, your desired contact may not appear, despite being in Contacts. If you enter the precise street address, city & state, you may get a "not found" for your trouble. Got this for the Apple Watch, but it's so poor on the iPhone (6+), it never made it to the watch. It did make it to my eTrashcan.
Can't get it to work
I can get it to give me a reminder if I set the time, but not when I get to a location. Thought I might be doing something wrong, but an email to support has brought no response in three days. So not expecting any now.
In the other review distances can be changed in settings from kilometers to miles, but if it isn't going to remind me when I get to the location where I need it, then it is pretty useless to me.
Pretty good...needs improvement
I like this app. It has become my default shopping list app. However when looking for POI it always shows distance in kilometers instead of miles
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.