By Tobias Arends
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
checkTrakt is an easy way to keep track of what you are watching on tv! Manage the progress of (re-)watching your favourite shows and track which movies you've watched.
If you find yourself wondering which episode of a TV-Show you watched recently to figure out what’s next up - There you go!
You can mark ‘seen’ what you’ve already watched and check in to what you are watching.
* 2-way-sync with trakt.tv TV
- Shows & Movies (Watched, Collection and Watchlist)
- Episode Alerts - get notified about new episodes of your favourite shows!
- Browse all your shows
- Manage your Collection and Watchlist
- see what is trending
- search for your favourite shows
- view your statistics (Play, Rating and Collection counts)
- see your current check in
* Snappy Performance - even with large libraries
- selective sync: unselect shows you are not currently watching to speed things up
* Recently Watched
- quick access to recently watched episodes from the navigation
- if you like, share what you're watching on Facebook and Twitter
* And more
- show progress
- option to cancel check in
- mark episodes/seasons/shows seen
note that most of the features will require you to login with your trakt account.
What's New in Version 3.8
- removes TuneFind integration
Best Trakt Client of apps available
Although an argument is to just use the trakt mobile site, I don't really agree. I like notification/reminders for series premieres or any episodes. Plus navigating around an app is quicker than the mobile site just do to caching and other obvious stuff. This app is the best of the trakt iOS apps that support BOTH movies and TV shows. As you may know, some only support TV and some only Movies. I gave this app 5 stars but doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. If I'm ever able to manage lists (including custom lists) I wouldn't have much reason to visit the official site as regularly. Custom list management is absent in all the trakt apps so I'm not sure if it's an API thing or not but, in my mind, whoever incorporates it first will have the *complete* trakt app experience. I'm hoping it's this one.
Perhaps down the line the dev could consider some of the newer stuff Justin has been doing with Trakt like Discoveries, Year in Review, and Premium membership features like forum access and RSS feeds.
Trakt is only getting more popular and because of that, more downloads for the 3rd party apps so hopefully this app is maintained throughout.
One last suggestion: get a new app icon. While I appreciate that it uses familiar iOS iconography to suggest watchlist/reminder management, it looks a bit clinical and boring for a genre that's fun and creative (media). Not saying to be cliche and put an old CRT TV as an icon but just something that pops and looks nice on our home screens.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 34.1 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Tobias Arends
- © 2016 Tobias Arends
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dark ThemeFree