ChefTap is the only app that can automatically clip recipes from any website.
No, really. No highlighting text, no cutting and pasting, and no list of ‘supported sites’. Just share any English language web page with ChefTap directly from your mobile browser and it’ll take care of the rest.
ChefTap clips recipes from any website and saves them in your own permanent archive so you'll never lose another recipe again. Have a favorite food blog? No problem! ChefTap will clip those recipes too and give you a link to the original post in case you want to refer back to it.
When it’s time to cook, ChefTap displays recipes in a kitchen tested easy-to-read format on both phones and tablets. You even can search millions of recipes on the web and clip them into your collection without ever leaving the app.
ChefTap is grocery lists makes it easy to add the ingredients of a recipe to your shopping lists. ChefTap figures out what you need from the store and combines like items. ChefTap also figures out what section of the store each item on the list is located and sorts the whole list by aisle.
- Clip recipes from any website or blog
- Adjustable text size for easy reading on your phone or tablet
- Save pictures of recipes from the web site, or attach your own
- No network connection required to view your clipped recipes.
- Sort by favorites, new recipes, recently prepared, recently viewed or alphabetically
- Create your own tags like ‘Paleo’, ‘Vegetarian’, 'Cocktails' or 'Gluten-Free' so you can stay organized
- Edit any recipe on your device
- Clip and save up to 15 recipes without an account
Sign up for a Basic account and get all of the above plus:
- Clip and save up to 100 recipes
- Try out smart shopping lists that automatically create grocery lists from your recipes
- Try out intelligent recipe scaling that can even recognize written numbers like 'half a cup'
- Sync devices with website (cloud backup) Once / week
- View and edit your recipes online at cheftap.com
Sign up for a ChefTap Pro website account and get all of the features above plus:
- Clip as many recipes as your device will hold
- Unlimited grocery lists
- Unlimited access to recipe scaling
- Sync devices with website (cloud backup) Unlimited
- Sync devices with each other: Unlimited
- Clip from your desktop
- Priority support
ChefTap can keep you organized in the kitchen so you can spend more time with family and friends.
We are actively working on ChefTap, and we will be adding new features, including sharing recipes, meal planning, and more. We appreciate your feedback. Please visit our website, cheftap.com, and tell us which features you’d like to see.
Fixed the free trial period for Pro features
Improved the grocery list's combining of like items (eggs, large eggs, etc.)
Fixed clipping from:
Ratings and Reviews
Cheftap is quite simply amazing. Very straightforward to use and incredibly accurate with clipping. I honestly cannot say enough about it. It has made my shopping and cooking feel much more organized and go much more smoothly. I have never had any issues with it at all. Well done! If you’re looking for an app to organize your recipes and generate easy shopping lists for you, you’ve found it!
Sign up doesn't work
The registration link failed and I could not create an account making the app useless for my purpose.
Nice interface, but fails at syncing
The ChefTap interface is very clean and user-friendly and I liked it at first, but soon realized they have a lot of work to do functionality-wise. I wanted a web recipe clipper that would sync between my iPhone and iPad, but synchronization is problematic and inconsistent (very hard to tell which device has the latest update and the recipe data often fails repeatedly to match between either device or on the web site, even after multiple sync attempts triggered from each source). Another problem is that although the app does recognize / clip recipe text from most web pages, a lot of that text gets lost during import. Picture quality for manual image uploads is also poor compared to other recipe clippers.
I've found that CopyMeThat is a really good alternative to ChefTap. Like ChefTap, it has a very nice interface and recognizes nearly all web pages, but its advantage is that syncing is always occurs instantly and flawlessly, image quality is way better, and during clipping it gives you an option to import "original text surrounding each section" (i.e. text not recognized as ingredients or cooking instructions), which seem to be the portions that ChefTap neither recognizes nor imports. Plus, CopyMeThat is 100% free and ChefTap requires a yearly subscription for unlimited clips.
- Mindframe Design LLC
- 54.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013 - 2018 Mindframe Design, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year of ChefTap Pro $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.