By Kevin Silmore
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Straightforward and easy-to-use check register app. Enter, edit, delete, and reconcile transactions effortlessly with balances that update automatically.
• Manage multiple accounts in separate files
• Quickly enter transactions with the user-friendly interface
• All balances update automatically
• Autocomplete transaction descriptions
• Reconcile with a click
• Convenient search bar to find transactions easily
• Advanced search – filter transactions by number, date, amount, and/or type
• Edit transactions when mistakes are made
• Sort transactions by field with one click (ascending/descending)
• Print in an easy-to-read format for hard copy or PDF backup
• Export as a CSV file for spreadsheet use
What's New in Version 1.3.3
• Optimized for El Capitan
• Clearer ability to create multiple accounts (File -> New Account)
• Updated icon
• Improved ability to report suggestions
What I needed. Good and basic.
I’ve tried a few, some costly, and this is the best next thing to a paper check register as far as simplicity goes. Only wish it had a few more features like choosing the dollar amount format i.e. $$.$$. Dollars and cents auto-formatted so you could just type in figures and numbers and the program would automatically place the decimal point as dollars and cents. Like Excel can do with customizing how one wants to treat number entries.
Also in the “check number” column, allow text to be entered, not only numbers. Sometimes under the check number on a paper register I write “xfer” for account transfers, and “DB" or “V” for bank debit card purchases where the check number is N/A.
Other than that, I like the program.
I use Chekchek daily. I have for several years. It’s fabulous. Ingenious. I looked at several other programs, and none was as simple and straightforward at this one. The others had lots of whistles and bells, which merely got in the way. Whoever desinged Chekchek was brilliant and knew what 95% of us need Well done!
Calvin Luther Martin, PhD
Basic - Gets the job done
This is a nice straightfoward app that makes balancing the checkbook easy. No bells and whistles, but other than a few enhancements/fixes (below) it works very nicely.
- Separate column (or different colors) for withdrawals & deposits
- Recurring deposits/payments - same every month, autofills when the date is past (maybe flagged so they can be verified)
- Fix: check numbers shouldn’t be treated as numbers (with 0,000 formating), allow alphabetic characters too
- Fix: Tabbing out of amount field fills the check number field with last value, that shouldn’t happen.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 22, 2015
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Silmore
- © 2015 Kevin Silmore
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor