By Kevin Silmore
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Straightforward and easy-to-use check register app. Enter, edit, delete, and reconcile transactions effortlessly with balances that update automatically.
• Manage multiple accounts in separate files
• Quickly enter transactions with the user-friendly interface
• All balances update automatically
• Autocomplete transaction descriptions
• Reconcile with a click
• Convenient search bar to find transactions easily
• Advanced search – filter transactions by number, date, amount, and/or type
• Edit transactions when mistakes are made
• Sort transactions by field with one click (ascending/descending)
• Print in an easy-to-read format for hard copy or PDF backup
• Export as a CSV file for spreadsheet use
What's New in Version 1.3.3
• Optimized for El Capitan
• Clearer ability to create multiple accounts (File -> New Account)
• Updated icon
• Improved ability to report suggestions
What I needed. Good and basic.
I’ve tried a few, some costly, and this is the best next thing to a paper check register as far as simplicity goes. Only wish it had a few more features like choosing the dollar amount format i.e. $$.$$. Dollars and cents auto-formatted so you could just type in figures and numbers and the program would automatically place the decimal point as dollars and cents. Like Excel can do with customizing how one wants to treat number entries.
Also in the “check number” column, allow text to be entered, not only numbers. Sometimes under the check number on a paper register I write “xfer” for account transfers, and “DB" or “V” for bank debit card purchases where the check number is N/A.
Other than that, I like the program.
A simple program that works as intended.
Waited till a reconciliation to rate this software. Simple enough. I’ll continue to use as it’s all you need to record household checking. One issue I encountered was, after about the third time to use I noticed that the information I had entered disappeared. Apparently auto save did not work this time. Had previously. Solution is to just select save prior to closing and no issues now. Working on iMac with OS X Sierra.
Excellent check register tool
I love this check register tool on my computer! It really helps me keep my finances in check. I previously used Quicken but Chekchek is really all I need to keep organized and I’m able to enter payments that are scheduled for a future date and checking items off as they come in so I can always keep track of my balance.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 22, 2015
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Silmore
- © 2015 Kevin Silmore
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor