By PerkinElmer Informatics, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Easily draw and share chemical structures
Use ChemDraw® for iPad to create, edit and share publication-quality chemical structures with just the touch of a finger, based on the world’s most popular chemical drawing software, ChemDraw®. Available for a limited time at the introductory price of $9.99.
Capture inspiration whenever and wherever it strikes with ChemDraw for iPad. Anyone from chemistry students to experienced chemists can use this powerful, intuitive chemical structure drawing app to create, edit and share structures using the world’s most ubiquitous tablet.
• Leverages 25 years of proven chemical intelligence and attention to detail in ChemDraw desktop software
• Creates publication-ready structures
• Liberates scientists with ability to create and capture ideas whenever, wherever
• Features revolutionary Flick-to-Share™ technology to flick chemical drawings to other app users within your network; no multi-step emailing or cloud storage services
• Create chemically accurate, publication-quality structures and reactions
- pre-drawn rings
- functional groups
- charges, radicals
• Arrange and adjust diagrams
- scaling and moving gestures
- automatic clean-up
- structure checking
- color selection
• Save your diagrams as CDXML files
• Share with Flick-to-Share™ for mobile-to-mobile collaboration; import (CDXML and molfiles) and export (CDXML) files from iTunes or using email
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Redesigned for iOS 7.
This application is incredibly intuitive and easy to use on an iPad, the structures look perfect and can be easily edited. I wanted to use this program for preparing formal reports on laboratory work (mechanisms, synthesis, analysis, etc.) and this application has fulfilled those desires, while handing me a gorgeous layout and format for use on my iPad Air. I would have paid way more than 9.99 for this application, so this is a great deal for any chemist or colleague in research. Thank you PerkinElmer, you have seriously made my day!
Okay, this is a complete revision of my review. Been using this program for a while and now rate it 5 stars. It's well done. Perkin Elmer, please, please add a grid line option so that users can carefully line up arrows and other shapes. Rotation of arrows and other objects should snap to (for example) 10 degree angles. Also, transforming molecules to ball and stick form (or other 3D views) would be very useful.
Otherwise, thanks for a very useful app!
I did not expect this to have every feature of the desktop program, but this is much, much too limited to justify the name "Chemdraw for iPad".
This is not chemdraw. It doesn't even have Convert Name to Structure. You can "draw" a structure line by line and that's about it.
The drawing is NOT optimized for touchscreen. Less convenient than desktop with about 0.01% the functionally.
The description is very deliberately vague about just how few Chemdraw features this actually has. Again, this is not "Chemdraw for iPad". Not hardly. They could've called this "Chemdraw(R) iSketchpad" or something similar, and at least been honest about what they are selling.
Not remotely worth even half its price. Don't bother.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 22, 2013
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 38.0 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: PerkinElmer Informatics, Inc
- © 2013 CambridgeSoft Corporation, a subsidiary of PerkinElmer, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.