Chemistry X is the most complete and effective study tool for chemistry at the AP and intro college level. It integrates MC quizzes, videos, flashcards, free response questions, chapter summaries ( Cliff notes for chemistry), formula sheets, flashcards and an interactive periodic table to make the study process efficient, easy and mobile.
- Over 300 multiple choice questions with detailed solutions.
- Over 30 free-response questions covering the most important topics in general chemistry.
- Concise, high-quality videos that answer each of the free-response questions in step-by-step detail.
- Expansive yet condensed chapter summaries each chapter, allowing for an extremely useful reference to clear up the definition of a key term or relevant formula.
- Extensive formula sheets covering all the important formulas for general chemistry
- Interactive and easy-to-use periodic table
- Easy-to-use scratch pad allows the user to do calculations and make clarifying sketches for different problems
WHO THE APP IS FOR:
-High-school students taking AP chemistry
-College students taking a general chemistry course
-Students studying for upper-level exams (SAT subject test, chemistry GRE)
-Graduate-level students (and beyond) who could benefit from a handy pocket resource
-Anyone interested in learning chemistry
-Chemical Formulae and Reactions
Atoms and Molecules:
-Molecules and Bonding
-Quantum Mechanical Atomic Structure
-Organic Chemistry (Intro)
States of Matter:
-Acids and Bases
The educational content developer is a PhD student in physical chemistry at the University of Chicago. The software was developed by Knowvio in Chicago.
Ratings and Reviews
As a teacher myself (but one who knows nothing about chemistry), I must comment on this excellent book. It is clear, organized, and well-written. The authors have taken a difficult subject and made it understandable. I feel as though I am much better prepared for the college chemistry course I'll be taking in a few months - and I even think I will enjoy it! Thank you for this great little book!
They work out examples for the kinds of chemistry problems you see in AP and college chemistry courses, and that's the most valuable part of the app. I always come back to this app when the textbook is too unclear, the examples are too weak, or the teacher moves on to the next concept before we've fully figured out how to use a particular technique
Great AP chem prep
I highly recommend this app for AP chem. It covers all of the material very nicely, and does so in multiple formats. There are great chapter summaries, videos, quizzes, flashcards and a nice periodic table. After downloading this app I no longer need my textbook because everything I need is contained in this app and is easier to use
- Knowvio LLC
- 27.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Knowvio 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.