ChemTrix is a powerful calculator for common chemical problems.
ChemTrix is the chemistry app you've been hearing about. It's the calculator preferred by discerning chemists, profs, and students who use it every day to get their work done quickly and accurately.
"Easy to use, intuitive, and exactly what I expected from the description; by far one of the most useful chemistry apps I've found."
"It is easy to use and super helpful, saving hours when doing those sheets of long, tiresome equations in AP chem."
"This saves me some serious time at work, I can't recommend it enough!"
Other chemistry calculators make it hard to do simple things. Not ChemTrix. ChemTrix was built by chemists, for chemists. It has powerful, convenient, time-saving features that make common chemical calculations a snap.
Enter a chemical formula, and ChemTrix calculates:
- Molar mass (molecular weight)
- Exact (monoisotopic) mass
- Most probable mass
- Isotopic mass distribution
- Percentage composition by mass
- Mass-moles-molar mass relationships (including unit conversions)
- Moles-volume-concentration (molarity) relationships (including unit conversions)
- Quick, simple, and accurate formula entry using a purpose-built keypad, including programmable buttons for even more flexibility and speed
- Natural chemical syntax, including nearly 100 pre-programmed chemical groups, such as common organic fragments and protecting groups, polyatomic ions, and ligands
- A history of all entered formulae, any of which can be incorporated as fragments into new formulae
- User-defined abbreviations for any formulae
- Detailed listings of the properties of all the elements in the periodic table, including electronic configurations, isotopes, electronegativities and more.
Small bug fixes and user interface improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good UI
One recommendation though, it would be better to have more custom buttons and less preset by the app that can't be changed. Let me decide which atoms or groups I commonly use.
As opposed to hand jamming 👍
This app does exactly what it says it does with good, clean design. Eliminates flipping back and forth to your periodic table and saves time by calculating the molar mass - which is not hard to do but in very complex formulas, it gets tedious. Keep up the good work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.