Replace your chess clock with this free game timer! It's easy to use, yet fully featured to handle any time control. 100% free: no in-app purchases, no ads!
Choose your time control and you're ready to play. The 2nd player presses her button to start the 1st player's clock - and the game is on!
- Large, easy-to-read buttons
- Works in landscape and portrait on all devices
- Quickly customize the app for one-tap access to all your favorite time controls
- Time controls include base minutes per player and optional per-move delays or bonus time. The app supports both Fischer and Bronstein increments, as well as simple delays. The duration is up to you!
- Supports multiple-stage time controls commonly seen in tournaments, such as "40 moves in 2 hours + game in 60 minutes." A glance at the clock shows your current stage!
- Support for handicapping lets you set different time controls for each player!
- You can adjust the time remaining on the fly, in the middle of your game, for either or both players!
- Clock pauses automatically if the app is interrupted; manually pause the clock at any time
- Pleasant sounds for buttons and "time's up" alert
At Chess.com, we really do love chess, and *sometimes* we even play it offline! For times like that, we created this clock - and we hope you love it as much as we do.
Stay out of time-trouble! We made the clock digits a bit easier to read, and added a few other minor improvements. If you like this clock, you can really help us out by giving it a fresh, 5-star review in the App Store! Thank you so much!
Ratings and Reviews
Solid chess timer
A really nice timer for casual games with your friends. I like the ability to save your own preset times, so you can play your favorite time easily. A great alternative to an analog or electric chess timer. I would definitely pay money for this app. The only thing I would have liked to see is a sound cue for the end of the game. Overall, a very solid chess timer.
Missing one feature
Great app and the price is right. One tweak would make it even better for Tournament Scrabble, which allows 25 minutes per player, then imposed a 10 point penalty for every minute (or fraction) they go over. The option to count up after counting down to 0:00 would be great.
This is what I’ve been looking for. I really didn’t want to spend $25-$30 on a digital chess clock and this serves as a perfect alternative. I tried a couple of time settings (30 min and 15-10 split). It worked as expected. Thanks for this app.!! 👍🏻
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.