Chess for Kids - Play & Learn
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Play Chess the FUN way with the ultimate chess app for kids - and for parents & coaches too! Learn everything from the basic rules to advanced strategies of the world's greatest brain game, all with an app that is AD-FREE and 100% SAFE for kids.
- Play chess for FREE with kids from around the world!
- Challenge the ChessBots - perfect for all skill levels!
- Improve your game with hilarious kid-friendly videos!
- Sharpen your skills with 1000s of tricky puzzles!
(Chess games are unlimited and completely free to play. Puzzles and Videos are unlimited for Gold members. Kids cannot chat or make friends with anyone without explicit parental permission. Parents have full control over kids’ accounts.)
- "The videos are funny and I learn a lot from them. I spend a lot of time doing puzzles and it makes me a better chess player." - Kid, Age 7
- "I love ChessKid because my kids are safe and having smart fun. They love playing play kids from around the world.” - Matt, Parent
- "I've been looking for years for a place like this where the kids in my chess club can enjoy chess online. You've done it!” - Bruce, Coach
ChessKid is built by Chess.com - #1 in online chess!
What's New in Version 2.3.8
Just a few minor updates!
Parents must read this!
Currently, the app is experiencing major bugs after the last update. I assure you, the app is not normally like this. I’m sure the developers have been working to get this fixed non-stop all day yesterday and today, as 5+ updates have been released just today. Everything should be back to normal in the next few days. Please do not give this app a low rating! The app is of very high quality, and is the best chess app for kids in the market. The developers just simply made a mistake, and it should be fixed ASAP!
Best app for kids, bar none.
If you really want your kids to learn chess, this is the best app out there. It’s fun, clean and serious enough so that they will actually learn real principles of the game.
You can play one game & then the game stops functioning
Deleted this app. My child found it frustrating because once one game is played without issue and thereafter the game will not allow you to move anything, anywhere. Zero stars for this one.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 18, 2017
- Version: 2.3.8
- Size: 96.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chess.com, LLC
- © 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.