Play Chess the FUN way with the ultimate chess app for kids - and for parents & coaches too! Learn everything from the basic rules to advanced strategies of the world's greatest brain game, all with an app that is AD-FREE and 100% SAFE for kids.
- Play chess for FREE with kids from around the world!
- Challenge the ChessBots - perfect for all skill levels!
- Improve your game with hilarious kid-friendly videos!
- Sharpen your skills with 1000s of tricky puzzles!
(Chess games are unlimited and completely free to play. Puzzles and Videos are unlimited for Gold members. Kids cannot chat or make friends with anyone without explicit parental permission. Parents have full control over kids’ accounts.)
- "The videos are funny and I learn a lot from them. I spend a lot of time doing puzzles and it makes me a better chess player." - Kid, Age 7
- "I love ChessKid because my kids are safe and having smart fun. They love playing play kids from around the world.” - Matt, Parent
- "I've been looking for years for a place like this where the kids in my chess club can enjoy chess online. You've done it!” - Bruce, Coach
ChessKid is built by Chess.com - #1 in online chess!
This ChessKid update includes bug-fixes and interface improvements all over the app - to make it more fun and easier to use! Lessons will now show your current level (in case you forget!), and watch out, those pesky chess Bots make noises now (probably trying to distract you)! If you enjoy this update, please consider giving the app a fresh, 5-star rating! (It really helps us out!) Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
I loved this app but recently their have been some issues that are very frustrating! You can’t retry a level if you don’t pass it the first time. It will continue to allow you back in as if you are going to retry the lesson but it starts near the end of the test and when you get done it gives you an error saying you must retry. The only way around this is to go on a computer or use the safari/explorer on your device and go to chesskid online. There it will allow you to retry the lesson and once you pass it you must log out and back in of the app to get to the new level. Until this problem I loved the app and all of my students use it. The only other thing I would change is to allow access to the workouts in the app. As far as teaching kids or adults it is an excellent tool!
Honestly I think it's the best game but there's some miner issues the first one is that some times you can move the piece and it completely freezes and second you can't change your board if your on iPhone or iPad and also the last thing is that when you want to move up to king 6 or queen 2 It says “DUPLICATE ERROR” I really hate that
Best chess kid app!!
Still the best chess kids app but I my kids cannot repeat lessons even though it says we can and the
Version on the previews seems not to be the version I have. the learn to play is awesome, I just wish we
Could do more on the mobile app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.