Free Chess App
By Christophe Théron
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
This chess app is EASY, guaranteed to improve your chess, and you will not have to read any boring lesson!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well, think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
FREE CHESS APP allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
FREE CHESS APP is also great for ADVANCED PLAYERS: it includes 4500 grandmaster games you can study with the incredible analysis feature, you can save your games, send them by email, import games from any other app, and the built-in Chess Tiger engine can also play at the level of a world champion if you want it to!
THIS APP IS CLEAN: is doesn't display any ad banners.
What's New in Version 2013.09
This is a HUGE update!
- Compatible with iOS 7
- All optimal screen sizes and resolutions for all devices are supported.
- The trainer chess engine is much stronger (now goes to 3000 USCF Elo instead of only 2100).
- 22 new trainer levels, so the app now offers 50 trainer levels ranging from 100 to 3000 USCF Elo.
- New 2 players mode: the pieces rotate so that they always face the player who is going to play.
- A collection of Bobby Fischer's games (more than 800 games!).
- The maximum analysis time has been extended to 3 hours per move
- You can have suggestions automatically turned off after you have played your move.
- You can try to make an illegal move, and the app tells you why it is not legal.
- When you load a game, the app asks you if you want to see the start or the end of the game.
- You can hide the clocks.
- The app is more friendly for people with color vision deficiency.
- A new option allows you to say if you want to see what move comes next when you replay a game.
- The current playing mode is always displayed on the main screen.
- You can change the app's language independently of your device's settings.
- You can activate or disable the device's auto-off when you play chess.
- And a lot more…
I'm 65 and have been saying I want to learn chess, (beyond the moves the players can make, and that the object of the game is to protect your queen while winning the battle), for about 40 of those years! When they came out with personal electronic games, I bought one, and lugged it around for years, but it wasn't fun, or easy to use. I love this Chess game. I've been using it on my iPad mini for about six months, and my goal is to play at least once a day. I still use the help mode, to build up my confidence, and see all the suggestions the computer gives. (I haven't lost once, knock on wood, but that doesn't mean I haven't been challenged.) Sometimes I question the suggested move, and don't see the logic until I make the move, or a couple of moves later. Which is part of the game, right? Sometimes you just have to take a chance, and/or trust your mentor, even if it is computer driven.
electronic game years ago, and kept lugging it around for years,
Don't rate if you don't know basic chess moves
A guy just posted that he don't even know how to castle. He think this chess give him a wrong move. That's clearly wrong! This chess move give a correct castle rules.
I have been playing chess for five years and I really love this game. This chess is the best but please don't tell me to write a review. This distract me to concentrate to play chess with the trainer. I really want to use this app to play the game. If you can, make the suggestion button more better. This app is 100% for me. Thank you for your support and I suggest to listen to the people who are respectful. Some people complain about the credit but don't make it too strict. Thank you for your support and I hope to see you in a few days to see if you follow my suggestion. It won't make you feel really bad. Don't listen to people who don't know the chess move.
If you want, you can design your own app so it looked like real chess app!
Another suggestion: When you play with the trainer, please make sure to tell clearly why this suggest move is better than another. I love this app very much.
Good job. Keep it up the good work.
Great chess app!!
I learned how to play chess years ago. By that I mean I learned how to move each of the pieces. I never really got into it much deeper than that. I want to learn more about the strategy, etc. This program is a great tutor... it suggests up to 4 moves to you each time, with a strength factor on each, and you choose your move. After several games, you start to see how it plans a few moves ahead, sacrificing pieces when necessary, trapping the opponent. I know it takes a long time to really learn the game (but isn't that the fun part?), and this app can get you started on that journey! The program is fun, has great graphics, and so far has been very stable. Download it... you won't regret it!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 31, 2013
- Version: 2013.09
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Christophe THERON
- © 1994-2013 C. THERON
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.