Fast paced, clean and simple no frills online multiplayer chess. Play online games with friends over wifi or 3G with leaderboards and achievements powered by GameCenter.
- Multiplayer mode for playing against others online in real time over wifi or 3G.
- Castling, pawn promotion, and en passant are supported.
- Multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards via GameCenter.
- Compare your skill and achievements against your friends.
- In game multiplayer chat.
- Retina optimized graphics.
- Simple and clean interface.
- No frills or complicated features
- Hours of fun.
- Requires iOS 4.1 or higher
- Requires a device that supports GameCenter
- Multiplayer, achievments and leaderboards require a free GameCenter account
- In game voice chat.
- Customizable avatars to represent yourself.
- More achievements.
- Customizable multiplayer game options.
Ratings and Reviews
Can't ever get a game started
This would be, by far, the best chess app out there if the servers were better. The graphics look good and the gameplay is well thought out, but I've only managed to play 2 games in 3 weeks.
No matter if I'm at work on business class Internet, at home on 18mbps dl 6mbps ul, or on 3G, I can't ever connect to anybody. It will find a person and then say "negotiating" until one person decides to quit. I've played 2 games and I have 35 wins because when someone gets disconnected you win. So I have 2 wins and 33 wins by disconnect. I've given up trying to play.
Can't anyone make an online chess app that has decent servers and person to person connections?
I love that you can play online, but...
As others have mentioned, there are connection/in-game glitches. Sometimes, it will say that it is the opponent's turn, yet, he/she had actually moved. Other times, I will get my opponent in Check Mate, the game doesn't respond to it properly, and the. I get the Loss for running out my clock.
Other than the couple (annoying) glitches, this is the best online chess app that I have been able to find.
Half Frustrating and Half Fun
Pros: It is chess. The timer is fair. It's against humans. You can chat. It's free.
Cons: It randomly crashes. It has weird bugs, for example my king has turned into a rook and moved on its own. There are way too many disconnected games. The scoring system doesn't make any sense. There is no three move draw. I give one star because worst of all, the board is setup wrong.
Basically if you want to play chess against humans and don't care that you may end up losing or winning because of a disconnected game or your promoted pawn stacking on another piece (like I said, weird bugs) then this is the online chess for you.
- Digital Future
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Digital Future Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.