Build an opening repertoire with uncharted variations using the power of the strongest chess engine and the wisdom of chess grandmasters
- Offline implementation — Arkon does not use cellular data
- Moves scored by powerful chess engine in centipawns (cp)
- Move popularity from Chess Grand Master games (ELO 2600+)
- Opening Lines from Encyclopedia of Chess Openings (ECO)
- Game PGN display and export via email
Arkon is free to download and use. However, should you desire to explore chess openings beyond the first 20 positions, you can unlock a full version as follows:
3-Month Unlimited Moves: USD 0.99
1-Year Unlimited Moves: USD 2.99
Lifetime Unlimited Moves: USD 8.99
All of these purchase items have unrestricted access to explore openings regardless of move depth
- engine performance improvements
- certified release for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
Lol...when you try to click and drag a piece (you know, like to MOVE IT maybe), the whole screen scrolls with your finger. Unusable.
Great chess app
Great chess app for practising opening lines. Arkon shows the strengths and the weaknesses of different moves. All moves are calculates on each turn. Essential if you are not sure what opening lines are the best. Successfull opening is a major advantage in a game. Great app for practising alone
Essential to improve your chess
Very useful app to teach you the best move in certain scenarios. Possible improvement would be to be able to set up a game situation and review the best moves.
- Robert Peterson
- 150 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Avniel Consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Unlimited Moves $8.99
- 1-Year Unlimited Moves $2.99
- 3-Months Unlimited Moves $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.