Chess - Play & Learn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play chess with millions of players around the world! Enjoy free unlimited games and improve your chess rating with 50,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
- Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
- Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
- Solve more than 65,000 puzzles
- Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
- Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
- Adjust the computer's strength
- Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
- Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
- Make friends & send messages
- 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
- Detailed performance stats and ratings
- Active community forum
Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
What's New in Version 3.5.18
Bug fixes and minor improvements! If you are enjoying this app, please consider giving it a fresh 5-star rating. Thank you very much!
Best Online Chess App
For the free version this app gives you quite a lot of functionality. Unlimited games with whomever might happen to be online at the moment of your skill level. Keeps track of all your stats all the way from when you created an account. Even gives you free courses that teach the basics and even more advanced techniques. You're limited on how many you can complete in a day but it's more then enough. Tactics is one of my favorite features. Although if I remember correctly you're limited to five a day but hey it's free. If you're even remotely interested in chess, this app will get you even more into it. It actually gives you people to play with. Before I'd have only like 2 or 3 friends that would play chess and even then that's on rare occasions. Now whenever and roughly same skill level. You can't ask for more.
Bought a chess tutorial through Great Courses. Mostly a highfalutin sniff of snobbery with "sophisticated" commentary and very little in the way of teaching and guiding a game at various critical stages. The tutorial offered here is quite different. It actually tells you why your move is wrong and gives you an opportunity to improve at your own pace. Sometimes when I ask for a hint and follow through I get a "mistake" message. Could be something I'm doing wrong but has happened a few time already. Would like a one-time payment to purchase but no such option; monthly or yearly payments only. All in all, a most valuable tool.
Great App, Great Function
I am blown away by the amount of free content on this app, as well as how smoothly it runs. There are videos, quizzes both in content and on the board, there are lessons, a daily puzzle and even matches against the computer. You can play friends or challenge strangers with the social component.
I haven't played chess since middle school and did not feel confident playing against the boyfriend. Now after nerding out on this app, conversing with him and watching Mato videos I'm ready to play against other people!
Thanks for the fantastic app! We love the Lolz theme, too! We both like to play with the sound on.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 28, 2017
- Version: 3.5.18
- Size: 72.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Seller: Chess.com, LLC
- © 2011 Chess.com, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Diamond Membership - 1 Month$13.99
- Platinum Membership - 1 Month$6.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Year$28.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Month$4.99
- Diamond Membership - 1 Year$99.99
- Platinum Membership - 1 Year$48.99