Chess - Play & Learn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play chess with more than 10 million players around the world! Enjoy free unlimited games and improve your chess rating with 50,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
- Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
- Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
- Solve more than 50,000 puzzles
- Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
- Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
- Adjust the computer's strength
- Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
- Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
- Make friends & send messages
- 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
- Detailed performance stats and ratings
- "I've tried every chess app out there and the Chess.com app is in a class by itself. It is the only chess app you will ever need, and the best choice if you want to improve!" - Michael
- “Amazing! Play with friends or random people at your skill level. So much fun!” - Playa
- “I use it daily for tactics, live games, and videos on strategy. I love this app!” - Samantha212
- “Great chess app and perfect mobile compliment to an excellent website. Highly recommended for beginners and experienced players alike.” - Brian
- “Makes playing chess against other players from around the world easy and fun.” - Northflow
Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
What's New in Version 3.0.57
Fixed a crash affecting some users in Live Chess. Stay tuned for some cool new features in our next update, coming soon!
Great app, but...
I love the app for playing with others and the features that it offers (analysis board, notes, etc.). I liked it better when the "Flip Board" feature was just a button on the main in-game screen (now you have o click menu, then flip board, which makes it super annoying because you end up touching 4 times rather than 2 to get back). It, like other apps where you wait your turn, has its hiccups from time to time, but that's expected.
The most annoying part is the fact that I cannot access Lessons that I've already completed. I get it - they want money just like every other app company these days. But the fact that you can only complete one lesson a day - and then can't go back and review those lessons at your leisure, is nonsense. Also what happened to the daily puzzle?
Overall I enjoy the app and the lessons and tactics that it provides (I don't really care about the scoring system, I just like using the tactics to improve my game). But seriously, stop being so money hungry and let me use the tools that the app provides.
Lessons Section is buggy
The app is great, and last week I would've given it 5 stars easily, but for the past week I've had problems reading from the Lessons section. Whenever I access an interactive lesson, only a little bit of the accompanying text is provided, not the whole note. I haven't upgraded to a paid account so perhaps I'm having these issues because of that, but if that's the case then I'd prefer the app to point out to me more explicitly that there's a paywall, and either way I highly doubt that that's the problem given the details of my dilemma. Please fix the issue, I think I'll even upgrade to a paid account when I know the issue is resolved because otherwise this is such a great app but the lessons section is my favorite thing about it so it's frustrating to see it not working. I've tried rebooting my device and redownloading the app but that didn't help do I know it's an issue specifically with the app. By the way I'm using an iPhone 5C running iOS 8.0.2 if that helps. Thank you.
Once a day not every 24 hours
Great app and website. I primarily use it for the Tactics Trainer. The points system is aggravating. If you get one wrong, most of the time -9 points. You get one right, -1 to 5 points. That's right, if you take too long to get the puzzle right you still lose points. But that is not my biggest issue with the app. You get 5 free tactics puzzles every 24 hours (used to be 3 per day). So you have to wait until your 24 hours are up until you get new ones. And there is no count down so you have no idea when you get to do it again. I think I prefer the 3 every day since I'm only doing 5 every 2 days since I hate keep guessing when I get new puzzles. If you plan to pay $50-$100 for the membership a year (for the hard core players) this is no issue for you but if you just want the free content, these are some things you will have to put up with.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 3.0.57
- Size: 31.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Belarusian, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek
- Seller: Chess.com, LLC
- © 2011 Chess.com, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Platinum Membership - 1 Month$6.99
- Diamond Membership - 1 Month$13.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Month$4.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Year$28.99
- Diamond Membership - 1 Year$99.99
- Platinum Membership - 1 Year$48.99