Chess - Play & Learn
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Play chess with millions of players around the world! Enjoy free unlimited games and improve your chess rating with 50,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
- Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
- Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
- Solve more than 65,000 puzzles
- Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
- Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
- Adjust the computer's strength
- Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
- Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
- Make friends & send messages
- 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
- Detailed performance stats and ratings
- Active community forum
Also available in the app:
$4.99 USD monthly, $29.99 USD annually
More Puzzles, Lessons and Tournaments! No ads.
$6.99 USD monthly, $49.99 USD annually
Full access to Tactics, Tournaments, and more! No ads.
$14.99 USD monthly, $99.99 USD annually
Unlimited access to all features for playing, training and learning. No ads.
* Prices may vary by location.
Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
What's New in Version 3.6.31
If you enjoy this update, please consider giving the app a fresh 5-star rating or review - it helps us out a lot!
* ChessTV! Watch live broadcasts or archived shows anytime!
* Now offering auto-renewable premium subscriptions!
* Live Chess displays running score if you play multiple games with the same opponent!
* Fixed bug with display of remaining time for Daily games
* Fixed a crash in Vs Computer mode
* Tons of other fixes and minor improvements!
A great alternative game site when your friends are to busy.
I enjoy playing blitz and rapid chess games with this App. I find it a wonderful source of spacial cognitive ability enhancement.
The news and articles by Peter Doggers are well written and timely. You play against chess players from many different countries. The tactics training is fun and if you upgrade you receive extra features. Lessons are available and charts and statistics show your progress.
I play tournament chess at the West Valley Chess Club. Our members use computers to train and analyse the games.
By playing many bullet games Online games I was able to achieve the 1st place of the Chaba Mehes memorial tournament. My ability to calculate quickly helped me defeat my rivals.
Developing an opening strategy with online chess is another benefit. You can pick your favorite player and watch live games. Whether you are an amateur or considering becoming a professional, this App will be a great resource.
A fantastic app for all chess levels.
As both a programmer and a novice chess player, I can testify a lot of work, and a lot of love, went into this app. A lot of chess apps have the same run of the mill features: play vs. a computer at various skill levels or play online and receive a score that will increase or decrease based on your win ratio.
This is fine, but this app decided to go much further. I have never been in a chess club or received lessons, but I’ve always wanted to be a good chess player. You can learn a lot by playing the game a bunch online or against a computer, but you won’t really learn tactics, how to properly set up a board, and everything else one needs to know to excel at the game.
This app teaches you all of that and more. They have an advanced version, but I’m doing fine with the free version. I’ve already noticed that my ability to strategize and develop my pieces has increased quite a bit. Chess has became less of a game where I figure it out move by move, but finally something that I can think out and consider. I attribute that all to this app’s lessons.
If you’re a beginner looking to develop your skills, or an advanced player looking to brush up on lessons, or a master looking to have fun online, you’ll be able to do all of those things here. I wish app development was typically this good.
This app is a great source if you want to learn how to play chess or just improve your game! This app has taught me tons of new gameplay moves, better coordinate recognization on a chess board, and has helped me find opponents around my rating level. It might take a bit to get down/up to your rating level because you start at 1000. There are two things I wish this app has, 1. The 4 player chess mode and 2. A way to alert your friends if you want to play or if your online. Other than those two minor things this app is the best chess app you can get for free! It’s even better than some of the ones you have to pay for!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 3.6.31
- Size: 70.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Seller: Chess.com, LLC
- © 2011 Chess.com, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Diamond Membership - 1 Month$13.99
- Platinum Membership - 1 Month$6.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Year$28.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Month$4.99
- Diamond Membership - 1 Year$99.99
- Diamond Membership$99.99
- Platinum Membership - 1 Year$48.99
- Gold Membership$29.99
- Diamond Membership$14.99
- Platinum Membership$49.99