Chess Prime 3D is one of the best designed 3D chess games for the iPad / iPhone. It provides learning support for novice players, a real challenge for the experienced players and fun. Swipe in any of four directions to view the board from any angle and play the chess game in 3D.
Chess Prime 3D supports both ‘one player’ and ‘two player’ game play, so you can play against your friends or against a challenging computer opponent.
Master your chess skills by solving hundreds chess puzzles. You can use hints if you get stuck.
You can even edit the board and start the game from any predefined position. That allows you to test your skills in different game phases, common positions, solve chess puzzles, etc. Also you can save your game and then re-load it anytime you want.
If you are a novice player you may take advantage of the feature that shows all legal moves for the current piece.
-The full list of features:-
• Excellent 3D graphics, sound effects and music
• Configurable player names
• Option to change the piece’s color
• Great AI engine with a flexible difficulty level that suits both novice players and experts
• 200 ‘Mate in 2’ / ‘Mate in 3’ puzzles with stats, rewards and hints.
• Versatile openings: Chess Prime AI engine plays like a human, not as a computer that always chooses the same move at the same position. It gives you an opportunity to play different famous openings to gain extensive experience in chess
• SETUP game: Start the game from any predefined position with any number of pieces
• UNDO function if you accidentally hit wrong piece or square. It works even if your king is checkmated
• REDO function if you missed the opponent’s move. Just press EYE button and Chess Prime will show you the last opponent’s move
• SAVE / LOAD feature gives you an opportunity to finish the game later or to play the chess puzzle which you can setup in the “Setup Game” module
• CENTER function to align the board to the center
• Option to show the LEGAL MOVES for current piece (very useful for novice players)
• Option to ROTATE the board in ‘two player’ mode
• Help button with instructions for En Passant capture / Castling (activated automatically)
• Option to limit ‘think time’ in ‘one player’ mode to 5, 15 or 30 seconds
• Option to switch on / off sound effects and / or music. You can listen to own music when these options are switched off
• Automatically saves the current state of the game, so the game state would be automatically restored if you quit the application
• Universal app (supports iPad / iPod touch / iPhone)
If you love playing chess in portrait mode and in 2D, then download and try out our Chess Prime app (100,000+ downloads so far)!
- New option to adjust 3D settings of the chess board (tap 'Grid' button and use the slider to change the vertical angle)
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
3D Chess Rocks
I am not much of a gamer but this chess game is freakin kewl. I am totally addicted to this game. The game works flawlessly(is that a word?). The ad banner on top is not bad for a free game. I have seen much worse. I really like the back and check your moves functions. Changing color is also nice. The spin and bring the board to normal buttons are another great feature. I haven't played much chess over the years but having this ap changed that for sure. Kudos to the creators. The music is about the only thing I might of had an issue with but that is only because I am a musician, its not that bad and you can always turn it off, another nice feature. I like playing against the computor, it has taught me to play again. Hey tanx for listening. Peace love light and harmony........olaf
Great practice app for Chess
It’s one of my favorite chess apps out of the many I have, but I never use it because I can’t see the moves in the game for analysis. I save and study all the chess games I play and the only thing this app lets you do is rewind the game from the end to the beginning but not the other way around. Almost as if the developer went out of his way to make it difficult to get a copy of your game.
I won’t purchase the app until I can at least play through the game from the beginning to the end so I can write the moves down or copy the moves on another device that I can create the PGN so that I can import it into my games database.
And I’m only at the beginner level.
Great chess game
I haven’t seen any reason not to give this a full 5 Stars. It does everything it needs to do and does them well. The options for learning new tactics and strategies are wonderful with the undo feature and the options to show available moves. One suggestion is that as a learning feature for beginners, being able to click on the opponents pieces to see where they can move would be useful. For those of us who know chess this ain’t a concern but I see it from a beginners standpoint that this would be an even greater learning app for chess if it had a feature like this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.