Chess - SocialChess
By Woodchop Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SocialChess is a fun way to play fast or slow chess with friends or with random opponents! Play with a clock or play turn-based correspondence chess!
"Fantastic app. Easily the best head-to-head app out there!" -Leo Laporte
"Social Chess Is The Best Way To Get Your iCheckmate On" -CultOfMac.com
* No Advertisements!
* Beautiful, clean, intuitive layout.
* Optimized to be fast and stable. Nothing worse than an app that crashes!
* Features are chosen and implemented carefully.
* Instant account creation - no email validation necessary.
* Your privacy is respected. We will not spam or share any user info.
* Game features are driven by your feedback!
* Statistics - ELO Rating, Wins, Losses, Draws.
* Elo Charts & Per Opponent statistics.
* Receive push notifications when a game is updated.
* Play even when there is no internet connection. Moves are sent later!
* Play up to 5 games at a time, or increase it to 100 with In-App purchase!
* Search for opponents by username, email, or we'll match you with a random opponent.
* Claim Victory if opponent does not make a move in 5 days.
* Optional Takeback.
* Analysis Board to work out your strategy.
* User Profile including picture, comments, etc.
* Map view of your opponent's location.
* Browse your opponent's games, and their opponent's games.
* Elo Rankings.
What's New in Version 2.83
* Board sounds
* Elo charts & opponent statistics
* Additional chess sets added
* Many bug fixes and improvements
I use to love it but not anymore
This was once the best chess app in the App Store. I swore by it for a long time but now it's broke and nobody is fixing it.
I use Social Chess for local games as it use to be the only app that would allow local game including saving the games and annotating the moves it even allowed you to export PGN to clipboard and email.
Things went downhill, first an update removed the ability to export PGN from the free version and made it available only in $8 per year subscription version (why is this not a one time fee, they would get more users). Next the functionality that I use the app for (local games) broke. The ability to save and store local games simply stopped working. I sent email to the developer but receive no response. There are many apps in the store that will allow you to play online this was the only one that allowed for local or correspondence chess.
It's with a heave heart that I give this app a thumbs down hopefully they will restore to app to its former glory and I will be able to endorse it, till then👎🏻
😃My GO-TO Chess App😃
I have been playing chess for over 8 years on my iPhone. I have a folder with 8 chess apps. I have uninstalled 3-4 others. The SocialChess app stands alone on my Home Page. SocialChess is the one I use every day of the week.
This app is WAY better than Chess With Friends. I migrated here with two of my CWF friends 4 years ago. Another friend later signed up and has also made this his go-to chess app.
Absolutely no screw-ups (unlike Zynga's messed-up CWF).
Buy it. You will be happy you did! It's worth the annual fee to know the developer really takes care of the app as well as responding very quickly to any concerns or questions you might have.
Social Chess ROCKS!
Love It. ... The Online Chess Game to Use !!!!!
Great user interface. Love how quickly it finds opponents. The way it allows you try before submitting your move is great. The way it allows you to set the timer gives me the flexibility of playing at a pace that is currently convenient.
I tried several online chess games and SocialChess is by far the very best among the many free or reasonably priced ones that I have tried.
I really like the conditional move feature.
Two Recommend Improvements:
(1) increase the number of movements allowed in the conditional move feature to 6 or 8 pairs (where you and the opponent response equals 1 move pair) ... Even if you only made it available for the slow (5 day) movement mode. As I find the conditional feature to be a great learning & game improvement tool. .... Given that my objective is to improve my game for face-to-face real world play.)
(2) a post game analysis feature.
Try it you won't be disappointed.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 2.83
- Size: 41.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Lee Carlson
- © 2015 Woodchop Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Annual Membership$7.99