“Chess is 99% tactics” (R. Teichmann.) From beginner to expert, practicing tactics is hands-down the best way to master the game.
Our app provides tactics, lessons, and openings and adjusts to your ability as you play. Join thousands of users who improve their game with tactics every day:
"This app is a must have for any chess player - student or master." -Tom Taylor, USA
"This is easily the best purchase I've made since owning a smartphone." -Miles C. Samuels, USA
"This app has improved my game tremendously!" - anonymous fandom on the App Store
- Tactics: Play as many tactics as you want, for free.
- Lessons: Get deeper into strategy with detailed lessons.
- Openings: Practice makes perfect -- save and practice openings from the Grandmasters and more.
- Create your own tactics, lessons, and openings for others to try. Compete with others to make the leaderboard for the toughest ones.
- Learn from your mistakes. When you get something wrong, you can see the solution, see an explanation for the tactic, and talk to others in the comments.
- Join the community: comment on tactics and learn from other users.
- Customize your board design.
New tactics are added every day, so you'll never run out.
Terms of Service: https://chesstacticsapp.com/terms.html
Chess Pieces by jurgenwesterhof on WikiCommons (adapted from work of Cburnett)
Icons by bezier master, Cutiecon, and Shawn Wong from the Noun Project.
Updating some designs for the new iPhones
Fixing a small bug in lessons
Improving the look of the board on iPad
Fixing an iOS 12 bug
New in 3.1.0:
Added undo move to tactics. No need to retry tactics when you miss a move!
Step through solution moves one by one.
Improved the location of the hint button on lessons to make it easier to get to.
Some other fun things you may notice ;)
Let us know what you think! Email us at email@example.com and let us know what you want us to add next.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice update, new look, useful features
I like the integration with SmallFish to provide engine analysis. That helps when I don’t understand why a certain move won’t work. The subscription features are a nice addition.
A bit upset with this update.
The good: the app has a really clean design and looks amazing at first glance.
But on the previous iteration of this app, I had purchased the Pro version so I could save tactics. Now the Pro version is much more expensive and it’s subscription based... so it looks like I don’t have that anymore.
So sorry your previous paid version hasn’t carried over- that should definitely not be the case! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can fix this, and also try going to Restore Purchases from the upper left menu on the homepage.
Tap “play tactics” at the top
The issue I had was resolved. You just tap the big “play tactics” area at the top to practice tactics the same way as before.
We're very sorry that you're seeing this issue. That definitely should not be the case. All features you've bought in the past should still be valid. On the main menu, you can tap on the button in the top left and then tap on 'Restore In-App Purchases'.
If you have any problems with this or any other questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Peter Livesey
- 50.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Enable Saved Puzzles $1.99
- Remove ads $0.99
- Monthly PRO Subscription $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.