tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
- Support for the iPhone X screen resolution and layout
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Solid Chess Game
I wrote a review for this app a few years ago. The update is great.
Why so few people have written reviews I find amazing....this chess app keeps getting updated and supported!!!
It can handle pgns!
This is a good app with a decent number of online users. I have come across many avid chess players.
In addition to my previous review the new update is solid. Only draw back maybe to much animation with the bouncing ball balloon thingy when you make a move. Overall a good solid chess app with Multiplayer support is solid. This chess app is still updated & solidly supported!!!!! Many are not. Call me a fan boy but this is a solid app & you can save and transfer games big plus to analyze later.
This is one of the very best Chess apps.
The interface is great. And it is a great teacher for those who are just learning also.
It offers hints if needed, and this helps you build on your experiences and adds to your understanding of how to play this beautiful game, and how each move has the ability to make or break your game.
I love the way it helps my granddaughter (who is just learning) understand how the opening is paramount to being aware of how execution early in the game.
Thanks to the developers for a superior game.
Good and makes learning fun
While this is not nearly the strongest player out there, it is much better than the average club player. But IMHO, the best part is the UI and the ability to use it to learn. Rather than force you to “play” chess, it lets you switch sides and see what the machine is thinking more easily than most, making it easier to learn/study. Could use more database features though, such as showing opening move frequencies and cataloging the players own games.
- Tom Kerrigan
- 7.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tom Kerrigan
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.