tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
- Support for the iPhone X screen resolution and layout
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Solid Chess Game
I wrote a review for this app a few years ago. The update is great.
Why so few people have written reviews I find amazing....this chess app keeps getting updated and supported!!!
It can handle pgns!
This is a good app with a decent number of online users. I have come across many avid chess players.
In addition to my previous review the new update is solid. Only draw back maybe to much animation with the bouncing ball balloon thingy when you make a move. Overall a good solid chess app with Multiplayer support is solid. This chess app is still updated & solidly supported!!!!! Many are not. Call me a fan boy but this is a solid app & you can save and transfer games big plus to analyze later.
This game gets regular updates. My only complaint is information on updates or game engine changes is nonexistent. Foe example, there was an update to the stobor engine in 2016. This is about the time, probably a little later, that my tChess pro rating dropped from about 1400 to 850 (over 2500 games). It's a fight to break 900 and before I never dropped below 1100 (I play two-minute blitz games, one minute per side). I was getting killed and couldn't find any information why and was wondering about my mental faculties. Apparently the change made went to 16 cores and 9x faster than before with no information given to the tChess pro user.
This is one of the very best Chess apps.
The interface is great. And it is a great teacher for those who are just learning also.
It offers hints if needed, and this helps you build on your experiences and adds to your understanding of how to play this beautiful game, and how each move has the ability to make or break your game.
I love the way it helps my granddaughter (who is just learning) understand how the opening is paramount to being aware of how execution early in the game.
Thanks to the developers for a superior game.
- Tom Kerrigan
- 7.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tom Kerrigan
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.