Chess Watch is now FREE until a watchOS 3.0 version is ready.
The only chess game playable on Apple Watch!
Listed in Polygon.com's Best Games for Apple Watch:
"This neat app lets you play a full game of chess against online opponents using your ... wait for it ... voice! So now you can stare intently at your watch for a minute and then press a button and call out the move — bishop to E6 — like you're some sort of savant playing chess in your head." - Brian Crecente, Polygon.com
Voice your moves from Apple Watch while swiping through your matches on iPhone!
Play with friends or strangers with turned-based or real-time play.
A resign or draw system enables fair play and quick rematch.
On Apple Watch, tap the screen and voice a move like "Rook to D4"
| Autonomous is 1 indie dev looking for fun.
More bug fixes coming soon!
Turn-based multiplayer chess on Apple Watch!
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, terrible terrible app though
First of all: the idea is great. Just telling your watch the move and being able to play with a friend from your watch would be wonderful. However, the design and the coding are horrible.
- It often crashes, especially on the watch, especially if there is no multiplayer game on.
- No engine, no online players, it’s only good to play with a friend who buys the same app. Why not tapping into one of the existing online chess site protocols?
- The board doesn’t rotate when playing black! Very annoying and it suggests that the developer never actually tried to use his own app to play.
- No settings. Board coordinates weirdly in the center.
- Game on the watch loads very very slowly.
- Programmer probably doesn’t even play chess - one of the listed moves says “takes King.” :-)
- The way to enter moves using speech recognition is awkward and in some cases, doesn’t even work. First, you tap, then you tap the microphone icon, then you speak, then you tap again the “Done.” Really bad design. Plus, it doesn’t seem to understand castling when spoken.
So, I guess the selling point here is that there IS a chess app for the watch and not that it actually works in any useful way. Too bad as my daughter’s watch is arriving today...
Finally we can play chess from Apple Watch
I like the app but what I don't like are bugs and crashing!! Game Center works on this. computer bot must be made.
No one to play
Not very many random players. Good attempt though.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.