Chess With Friends Free
By Zynga Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take no prisoners and protect your King at all costs! Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, Chess with Friends Free is the best way to play Chess on iOS. Connect with friends and challenge them to one of the oldest, most popular games in the world. Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Download Chess with Friends Free and start playing today!
PEOPLE LOVE CHESS WITH FRIENDS
• “Chess With Friends is hands down the best Chess game currently available in the App Store, because it was designed from the ground up to make multiplayer Chess easily accessible for all...” – OS X Reality
• “All in all, Chess With Friends is easily the most accessible and elegant form of Chess for the iPhone available, and it’s now free. Yes please.” – AppleInsider
• Connect with Facebook to play family and friends, or find and challenge a random opponent
• View your win, loss and draw stats to track your game play
• Relive the glory by replaying moves in existing and past games
• Encourage, boast or taunt your opponent with in-game chat
• Play multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
Already a fan of the game?
• Join the community on Facebook to discuss the game, give feedback and find more friends to play https://www.facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
• Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/ChessWFriends for all of the latest news
If you like Chess With Friends, try our online word game, Scramble With Friends.
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
What's New in Version 4.25
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Good platform, features could use improvement.
This app does most of what one would expect to do when playing what is essentially correspondence chess. However, I can't help but feel that the developer is not interested in making this game the best that it can be. It is not that far from what it can be but, alas, no more improvements/features are coming. I would love to see the ability to take back the moves, for example. Chat should be visible on the game screen. They could also add timed games so one can play 15 min a side, for example, for a quick game or even blitz for those who are into that. Rating system would be a welcome addition imo. Gui is not customizable, I wish I could change colors and show letters and numbers on the sides of the board. There is also no web or even desktop client that I am aware of.
Would give it 5 stars if it didn't have a "safety" feature in the game. By "safety" I mean that the game will not allow you to put your king in check (by accident, obviously), and when your opponent has you in check, the game will not allow you to make any moves unless the move is saving your king. When I play with family and friends, physically taking their king is part of the fun of winning! But the game warns them and forces them to either block or move their king out of the way. So there's no chance of winning by your opponent being careless and just not noticing that piece across the board about to kill their king. There is no "safety" when you play with a board and pieces! But it's a fun way to pass the time in line at the grocery store or waiting for the bus.
Great app for chess with others
This is a great app for playing chess with others. I wish there was a way to state your level - beginner for example so you are matched with someone similar. Or I wish there was the option of playing against the app. Also, when I tried to chose someone to play against from my contacts, it led me to the person's number and if I clicked anything it would call them. I couldn't figure out how to add them to a game. So other than the opponent aspect, I think this app is very informative and user friendly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 15, 2015
- Version: 4.25
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zynga Mobile
- © 2014 Zynga Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.