Chess With Friends Free
By Zynga Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take no prisoners and protect your King at all costs! Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, Chess with Friends Free is the best way to play Chess on iOS. Connect with friends and challenge them to one of the oldest, most popular games in the world. Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Download Chess with Friends Free and start playing today!
PEOPLE LOVE CHESS WITH FRIENDS
• “Chess With Friends is hands down the best Chess game currently available in the App Store, because it was designed from the ground up to make multiplayer Chess easily accessible for all...” – OS X Reality
• “All in all, Chess With Friends is easily the most accessible and elegant form of Chess for the iPhone available, and it’s now free. Yes please.” – AppleInsider
• Connect with Facebook to play family and friends, or find and challenge a random opponent
• View your win, loss and draw stats to track your game play
• Relive the glory by replaying moves in existing and past games
• Encourage, boast or taunt your opponent with in-game chat
• Play multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
Already a fan of the game?
• Join the community on Facebook to discuss the game, give feedback and find more friends to play https://www.facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
• Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/ChessWFriends for all of the latest news
If you like Chess With Friends, try our online word game, Word Streak With Friends.
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
What's New in Version 4.29
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Besides my breathing app and food intake monitor, this is my fav app!
Jk. I do love your app though and I have been using the free version like it's my second job. Runs great. Rarely crashes.. But, if I had one negative comment, or something to change it would be an additional option in the menu. I'd just add another game style, with the same interface, that allowed players to play a more realistic game that didn't describe pieces' characteristics by space marking their possible movements.
Most people that DL your app probably know how to play chess so it would be cool for them and me to play a game without the place holders. Possible takes could be less obvious.. Less En Passant. Maybe a possible issue with check but probably not. So you'd start a new game like normal but you could turn the markers off, which would have to be okayed/ declined by both players before the game like an invite to a game.
The reason I'm bringing this up, is bc I saw someone in line at Starbucks playing. She literally tapped every piece, in a row, to see her options. Kinda BS! If you add the option, I'll buy the app. Deal?
kinda clunky, but it gets the job done
i've played with one random opponent and my father. The other player was reasonably close to my ability which is not all that high so maybe the matching system works well; can't be sure
It communicates the moves between both players in a timely manner which is good. As far as I know all the moves work, but I haven't tried en passant. Interface is funny where a player might think it's their move and nothing works. It would be good to highlight "your move" a little more vividly.
I have not experienced issues with it calling a draw right before checkmate like one reviewer complained of. Perhaps it's counting the third repetition of a particular position.
Sometimes it does crash upon opening, but this is merely annoying, and not nearly as annoying as having to close an ad every time I take a move; THAT makes me want to spend four dollars on the pay version, and maybe that's the point.
How did I lost the game even if opponent did not play ;)
I downloaded bec of my friend. I opened some games,I was happy with playing (I thought that ) I made my 1st moved then wait for opponent moves ,then I lost the game even if the person did not play ,how come ,i don't understand how it can be possible I was white and I made my move and then wait 3 days for his move but then I lost the game :) how stupid is it. And for other games six days passed still waiting for opponents move , maybe we going to finish games in couple years , just wasting time ,not efficient...
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 05, 2015
- Version: 4.29
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zynga Mobile
- © 2014 Zynga Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.