Chess With Friends Free
By Zynga Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take no prisoners and protect your King at all costs! Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, Chess with Friends Free is the best way to play Chess on iOS. Connect with friends and challenge them to one of the oldest, most popular games in the world. Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Download Chess with Friends Free and start playing today!
PEOPLE LOVE CHESS WITH FRIENDS
• “Chess With Friends is hands down the best Chess game currently available in the App Store, because it was designed from the ground up to make multiplayer Chess easily accessible for all...” – OS X Reality
• “All in all, Chess With Friends is easily the most accessible and elegant form of Chess for the iPhone available, and it’s now free. Yes please.” – AppleInsider
• Connect with Facebook to play family and friends, or find and challenge a random opponent
• View your win, loss and draw stats to track your game play
• Relive the glory by replaying moves in existing and past games
• Encourage, boast or taunt your opponent with in-game chat
• Play multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
Already a fan of the game?
• Join the community on Facebook to discuss the game, give feedback and find more friends to play https://www.facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
• Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/ChessWFriends for all of the latest news
If you like Chess With Friends, try our online word game, Scramble With Friends.
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
What's New in Version 4.27
Bug fixes and performance improvements
This application makes chess play very fun!
normally my friends and I don't have time to play chess together ITS such a time-consuming game and with work schedules (time) makes it hard to play on a real board...I like this game because I can play with my friends and family and keep up with what's going on with them...The app has a few glitches here and there that could be improved sometimes the other person makes a move and there's no notification let me know that they actually made a move ....it can take forever for a move to go through to the other user otherwise I get the game five stars ....the look and feel is awesome... I like the colors I like how it shows you your possible moves ... I love the stats it keeps... Great experience
Won't log in to Facebook
This app looked like it was probably going to be fun. I'm a Words With Friends user so I'm used to Zynga and already have an account. This app does seem to work fine, but it has one glaring problem. For me, the app simply won't log into Facebook. It will try but then will generally give me two messages, one after the other.
We can't seem to connect with FB properly right now. Please try again later."
"Account Already Connected
This Facebook account has been connected to another user."
I've tried everything from deleting the app and removing its permissions from Facebook to changing my Zynga account information, nothing works. The app allows me to play games using my Zynga account, but it won't let me use Facebook.
Even if you don't have this problem, there's another disturbing thing. I decided to go to the game's website to try to get help. The website didn't cover my problem, so I tried to contact customer support. When I clicked appropriate button, a message appeared saying that "the intertubes are broken." This means I'm left with a broken app and no way to fix it. Until this app gets better, I'm only giving it two stars.
I don't know what was thought of when the developers created this game, but accessibility for Voice Over users was not a thought. I like the game's concept, but the overall gameplay is horrible. I can't even move around the grid successfully which ruins the entire prospect of a chess game to begin. I rate it 2 stars for the concept. To make this game better, I would like to see a drastic change in Voice Over support where a VO user can easily move over the board and the pieces are clearly defined. If that is implemented, I will spread news of this game to so many other people that will download this game. I end with a positive note in first saying that I like the chat system and I look forward to testing out the implementations wich I am sure will be put in to place.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 4.27
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zynga Mobile
- © 2014 Zynga Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.